Two Things That Maybe Useful.

BSJ

The long ride from home to Cairns and back is getting closer. Around 6000km's all up and I have been thinking cruise control would be a nice inclusion on the moto....except for the extra complication in the technical department and the extra cost and the fact genuine Honda ones at the recycled parts centre are pretty rare. So when I came across the 'Throttle Rocker' I thought that for $10.95 it may be a good compromise! Will let you know after the trip!

post-63954-1263804878_thumb.jpg

Another product I have come across is 'Cat Crap'! Yes I was confused about what it actually was too! It's an anti-fog treatment for the inside of your visor. The only time I don the full face is for night time or wet weather riding but it should be good for my goggles too so I will give it a try. Anything is better than nothing and, hopefully, better than spit!

post-63954-1263805300_thumb.jpg

I tried a Throttle Rocker and couldn't get on with it at all, although I know that a lot of people (mostly American tourers) swear by them. I couldn't find a position for it that didn't end up with it getting in the way when I wasn't just cruising at a constant speed. I think it depends partly on the length of your grips.

Haven't tried Cat Crap but I've tried most available anti-mist treatments and devices. The only one I've found to work 100% is the Shoei Pinlock system. Some of the other devices, including Fog City and most things that you smear on the inside of your visor, create multiple halo effects when riding at night. Best to have a trial run at night with the the Cat Crap so you're not caught out.

Hi Garry, I must have my numbers wrong! I though it was 6000 plus km Melbourne-Cairns return!

Hi Mr Frank, for $10 or so it's worth a try. The next alternative I don't like the look of!

post-63954-1263989825_thumb.jpg

But if the 'Throttle Rocker' doesn't cut it maybe I'll give it a go!

Hi Garry, I must have my numbers wrong! I though it was 6000 plus km Melbourne-Cairns return!

Hi Mr Frank, for $10 or so it's worth a try. The next alternative I don't like the look of!

post-63954-1263989825_thumb.jpg

But if the 'Throttle Rocker' doesn't cut it maybe I'll give it a go!

No mate, I was guessing you were coming from Sydney, as I don't remember you saying where you were leaving from. Melbourne-Cairns return. You going up the guts or following the coast? The coast your looking at 7,000 kms round trip. Up the guts a wee bit over 6,500 return. :)http://maps.google.com/

Hi Garry, Up the Newell Hwy (35) to Goondiwindi, then just a bit North take the A5 to the A4 then at Rocky take the M1 all the way up the coast or swing off at Moree onto the A55 till it runs into the A7 at Southern Cross then A6 to Townsville then the M1 North. Or go one way and come back the other.

What I would like is to go through Bourke, Charleville and Blackall but there is no major road due North to Charters Towers from Blackall. There maybe a road of some sort but I don't fancy hundred's of km on dirt and rocks or the fact that the nearest Honda dealer is 1000km away! Tubeless tyres and nasty old rocks aren't a good mix!

For antifogging I always use simple soap. Mix some with water and apply it on the inside of your visor. Smear it out thoroughly. I use tissue of some sort for this. Then polish clean using a soft kitchen tissue. You should not be able to see any remains of the soap when looking through your visor. If you can, wipe again.