Tom Jones In Concert In Bangkok

webfact

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol funny to think that people would pay up to 4000 baht to see a Vegas hotel lobby bar singer :) and also you can get him to perform for free at CM² disco from time to time

Beats the public bar of a Welsh pub.

Good Lord, another old timer!

Someone tell me why Thailand is unable to manage or attract a variety of musical artists to play here?

Even Indonesia does better that Thailand when it comes to at least attempting to put on quality and varied musical events.

Someone tell me why Thailand is unable to manage or attract a variety of musical artists to play here?

Even Indonesia does better that Thailand when it comes to at least attempting to put on quality and varied musical events.

Don't hold your breath, but I bet Air supply will be back around again soon! :):D:D

Then go and live in Kemang... if you can afford it!

BANGKOK: Legendary singer Tom Jones is doing Bangkok on March 21, 2009.

Did anyone else catch this :)

It's 2010. I'm going. Anyone?

A few days later it's my birthday this is a special present for myself, see you :D .

Gerd

Gerd, I'll be there.

I often wonder how David Bowie managed to play in BKK in 1983.

Sir Tom Jones OBE - born Thomas Jones Woodward on 7 June 1940) is a Welsh singer. Since 1965, Jones has sold over 100 million records.

ه==Early life== Thomas Jones Woodward was born at 57 Kingsland Terrace, Trefforest, Pontypridd (near Cardiff), Wales. His parents were Freda Jones (died 7 February 2003) and Thomas Woodward (died 5 October 1981), a coal miner. His maternal grandfather was born in Wales, while his three other grandparents were born in England. Jones began singing at an early age; he'd regularly sing at family gatherings, weddings, and in his school choir, and it was clear that he had singing talent. However, he was struck down by tuberculosis and bedridden for almost a year. It was a critical time for him, but he could do little else but listen to music and draw. Aged sixteen, Jones married Melinda Trenchard on 2 March 1957 (long before Jones became a pop idol); the couple had a son named Mark. Jones quit school with no qualifications and took a variety of jobs including a builder's labourer, door-to-door vacuum cleaner salesman and a lorry driver.

what an admirable chap and his even more admirable accomplishment....

now let me see.... if i can secure my wife permission also.... to see all you guys there.... LOL

Sir Tom Jones OBE - born Thomas Jones Woodward on 7 June 1940) is a Welsh singer. Since 1965, Jones has sold over 100 million records.

ه==Early life== Thomas Jones Woodward was born at 57 Kingsland Terrace, Trefforest, Pontypridd (near Cardiff), Wales. His parents were Freda Jones (died 7 February 2003) and Thomas Woodward (died 5 October 1981), a coal miner. His maternal grandfather was born in Wales, while his three other grandparents were born in England. Jones began singing at an early age; he'd regularly sing at family gatherings, weddings, and in his school choir, and it was clear that he had singing talent. However, he was struck down by tuberculosis and bedridden for almost a year. It was a critical time for him, but he could do little else but listen to music and draw. Aged sixteen, Jones married Melinda Trenchard on 2 March 1957 (long before Jones became a pop idol); the couple had a son named Mark. Jones quit school with no qualifications and took a variety of jobs including a builder's labourer, door-to-door vacuum cleaner salesman and a lorry driver.

Me bad. I thought he was dead. :)

Why would any males be interested in his show? Isn't he the darling of the matronly blue rinse set?

Maybe he'll do some promos in Pattaya for mobility scooters, that panic alarm - you know the one where the old lady in the ad cries out, I've fallen and can't get up, or maybe the clapper- no not an infamous bargirl, but that gizmo where the old folks in bed clap their hands and the lights turn off. Oh well, have fun and remember to wear your Depends and bring a paper with your name, address and loved one contact info in the event that you get into the gin and take a wrong turn and end up on soi cowboy.

He has an awesome voice, and reinvents himself every decade into a more modern style and updates his music.

So he really has about 4 different bodies of work and still draws from most of them.

Like Sinatra he is a musical survivor, but Sinatra would still be doing just big band,

and just for his old era fans and those branching out into other types of music having outgrown pop.

But Tom looks for new fans in other age groups and genres.

He has a marvelous instrument, a huge voice, and a certain ageless charsima still working for him.

Yes the ladies still like him, mostly older, but not exclusively so.

He has lost none of his singing chops, and Vegas PAYS really well,

so why not use that market too. And no sense not playing your money making hits too.

The Stones still play 'Lets Spend The Night Together', as dated as it is.

I admire him for being fearless in the musical world. A rarity in this play it safe pop music world.

As unusual as Loretta Lynn coming out of retirement to do an album with White Stripes.

Edited by animatic

lol funny to think that people would pay up to 4000 baht to see a Vegas hotel lobby bar singer :) and also you can get him to perform for free at CM² disco from time to time

The best Tom Jones imitator I ever have seen and heard was in the Knom Penn Hotel Cambodia

A big Philiphino singing Tom Jones better than Tom Jones

Pieter

Me bad. I thought he was dead. :)

Why would any males be interested in his show? Isn't he the darling of the matronly blue rinse set?

Maybe he'll do some promos in Pattaya for mobility scooters, that panic alarm - you know the one where the old lady in the ad cries out, I've fallen and can't get up, or maybe the clapper- no not an infamous bargirl, but that gizmo where the old folks in bed clap their hands and the lights turn off. Oh well, have fun and remember to wear your Depends and bring a paper with your name, address and loved one contact info in the event that you get into the gin and take a wrong turn and end up on soi cowboy.

True to form, the same lot of cynics who howl about Thai politics and everything else in this country, are at it again.

Sometimes I wonder why some of you even bother to live here ?