Tom Jones In Concert In Bangkok

webfact

"BANGKOK: Legendary singer Tom Jones is doing Bangkok on March 21, 2010."

Legenday for more than his voice apparently. The story goes that while working Vegas in the early days, he de-flowered a young showgirl who later became Mistress Elvira of the Dark (yes, none other than Cassandra Peterson, she of hot looks and ample bosom). His endowment is such that she actually had to go to the hospital when the deed was done.

I think he's one of the greats. Like Tony Bennett, Elvis and only a few others, he has always had that great voice. He's also got one heck of a great sense of humor, as those familiar with British TV would know.

So for that voice (and those other bits), I salute!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was an item about him on BBC the other day as they had found his old unemployment records, the clerk had recorded "....arrogant, poor dress sense and thinks he is going to earn a living as a singer " :)

There was an item about him on BBC the other day as they had found his old unemployment records, the clerk had recorded "....arrogant, poor dress sense and thinks he is going to earn a living as a singer " :)

Only another Welshman could have been this critical of his voice.

The whole country is mad for singing, and every family sings.

So they tend to be hyper critical of even near perfect voices.

Wish I could have been to that show.

There was an item about him on BBC the other day as they had found his old unemployment records, the clerk had recorded "....arrogant, poor dress sense and thinks he is going to earn a living as a singer " :D

You should have gone... it was great and first time in 27 years he has performed here - I doubt he'll be back in another 27 years time as he would be 96 :)

Strange it only 80% sold out though... 7,000 odd in a 9,000 stadium - I was expecting it to be 100% full - funny I was looking at the Thais there (only 20% of audiance in my view) and they mostly just sat there - the farangs were going CRAZY including females throwing (I hope unworn) knickers... haha what a show! pity you missed it - a one-off I recon

There was an item about him on BBC the other day as they had found his old unemployment records, the clerk had recorded "....arrogant, poor dress sense and thinks he is going to earn a living as a singer " :D

You should have gone... it was great and first time in 27 years he has performed here - I doubt he'll be back in another 27 years time as he would be 96 :)

Strange it only 80% sold out though... 7,000 odd in a 9,000 stadium - I was expecting it to be 100% full - funny I was looking at the Thais there (only 20% of audiance in my view) and they mostly just sat there - the farangs were going CRAZY including females throwing (I hope unworn) knickers... haha what a show! pity you missed it - a one-off I recon

I still have some videos where you can see the "flying knickers", when time I will post them here.

Yes, the female audience(farang ones) got crazy, but...........IT'S NOT UNUSUAL :D

Gerd