Bt1m Reward For Prove Thaksin Traded Temple For Oil Concessions

webfact

I wish I had my own pet Noppadon I could bring out, to make ridiculous statements to the press, when ever I wanted. I also don't forget that he is under indictment for making an illegal agreement with Cambodia, which is probably why we don't hear a lot from him. But the puppet master is desparate, and all the soldiers are being pressed into service. Really, the desperation is in the wind. You can smell it, taste it, feel it, etc.

The offer of money merely serves to attract the media's attention and allows for a cost effective means of saying the people making these claims are full of sh*t.

One of the key words in the line quoted from geriatrickid is "saying".

Nothing key about that word at all. It doesn't in any way attribute the statement "the people making these claims are full of sh*t" to anyone other than the person who wrote it. If those aren't his feelings he should have stated so.

Perhaps you are confusing "saying" with "they think it says..." or "they think that means....".

<snip>

Back in my carefree schooldays, my English language teacher used a simple device which will also serve here - disregard the section in [brackets]:

"The offer of money [merely serves to attract the media's attention and] allows for a cost effective means of saying the people making these claims are full of sh*t."

Ergo - the "offer of money" is doing the "saying". Granted geriatrickid is imputing "these claims are full of sh*t" to Noppadon - and I have no way of knowing if that's the terminology Noppadon would use, but the gist of Noppadon's gesture (stunt) seems clear.

Can we move on now?