Food & Liquor Licenses

I'm interested in opening a restaurant and am looking for information about food and liquor licenses. Does anyone have any experience with this, or any helpful avenues they could point me towards? Any feedback welcome....

Thanx

Edited by dana04

Been a long while since I had a bistro here Dana but basically you don't have to sort all that yourself, any half decent lawyer can sort it for you (unless you don't mind queues at various govt offices). If I recall, the liquor license was a 5000 baht deposit but this has likely upped since '97 :o Can't remember the other licenses/fees but again, a lawyer should be able to help you out - or the many TV restauranteurs/publicans. Assuming you haven't set-up a Co Ltd yet, you could get an all-in quote (licenses, Work permit, VAT reg etc) then shop the quote around.

Ps: What area are you thinking of setting up in and what style restaurant? I'm still hoping a 24 hr "I-Hop" (intnl house of pancakes) pops up in Bkk but for the time being, good to see O'briens is open round the clock again

Edited by bahtandsold

What's the situation with playing music in a bar/restaurant?

Is there a license required (similar to PRS stuff in the uk?)

My GF is opening such a place and says money has to be paid in order for her to play music.

• 5 months later...
I'm interested in opening a restaurant and am looking for information about food and liquor licenses.  Does anyone have any experience with this, or any helpful avenues they could point me towards?  Any feedback welcome....

Thanx

Dana,

I was wondering if you ever opened your restaurant in Thailand? I am in the process of opening a bar/lounge/restaurant in Siam and was curious if you had any information on the licensing process, stop gaps and plain old gotcha's (things to look out for) while preparing to open a new establishment. Any experienced based information would be very help and appreciated...

If you did open congratulations and what/where is your place? if not may I ask why?

Take care and good luck!!