Gardening Services

shopgirl

I'm sure you'll inevitably be told that this topic has been well covered already and to just use the search facility. Well, if you do, you'll be amazed at the result. For "gardening services" you just get referred to your own post. Very helpful!

farang cravings is right. Without an actual location it will be hard to give recommendations. I know of several gardeners but they are regionally specific. Most don't travel more than a few kilometers it isn't worth it for them.

Unfortunately, most of the crews that I have contact information for are booked or quite old. We had one guy that was 76. He was awesome but just retired this year.

I won't use any as I like to keep the garden in tact. Great if you can find a good, conscientious gardener working alone, but invariably it'll be a team of monkeys who don't really know <deleted> they're doing.

Shopgirl,

My wife's cousin Nong graduated from Mae Jo with a landscaping degree and has a gardening service. But, as newbie001 wrote, location makes a difference. Nong works mainly in the San Sai/Mae Jo area but may travel elsewhere, depending upon the job (length of employment, rate, etc.). One factor may also be if you have equipment for him to use or not.

For example, he may be willing to go to Hang Dong if he does not have to haul all the equipment. And do you have refuse removal through your moo baan or will he have to do that, also.

PM me if he might be able to help you and I can give you the contact details. He speaks some English.

Thanks for the tip. I live in Nam Phrae on the canal road. Anybody know any good services in that area? I need a full service - they must have own equipment etc.

Try http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Organic-Farm...-Kitc-f142.html however most gardeners will have to come from word of mouth not much on it on this forum but you may get a member replying reccomending theirs

Might be an idea to post the area you live for local reccomendations

• 14 years later...
On 1/20/2010 at 9:18 AM, noise said:

Shopgirl,

My wife's cousin Nong graduated from Mae Jo with a landscaping degree and has a gardening service. But, as newbie001 wrote, location makes a difference. Nong works mainly in the San Sai/Mae Jo area but may travel elsewhere, depending upon the job (length of employment, rate, etc.). One factor may also be if you have equipment for him to use or not.

For example, he may be willing to go to Hang Dong if he does not have to haul all the equipment. And do you have refuse removal through your moo baan or will he have to do that, also.

PM me if he might be able to help you and I can give you the contact details. He speaks some English.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, elena edwards said:

after tonight's storm, one tree next to my pool has come down,, taking with it a huge blooming creeper as far as partly in my pool. I've taken down all I can, but I'm 80 yeas old and also very upset by losing the beauty of the creeper. Desperately need a good gardener to repair the damage and make it look good again. . Have some equipment and the dead wood is traditionally dumped on the land at the back of the house.

• Confused 1