Visit To Immigration

I went to the immigration yesterday to get my one year non o visa. This went smoothly in Nonthaburi near Big King Bangyai, no complaints there what so ever. However i also wanted a paper so i could get a new drivers license. These things you can get at the immigration, i had my gf with me and we asked for such a paper.

There are only 5 people in the small Nothaburi immigration service and they are all in the same room. (just to give you an idea). They said they never heard of it and send us to the Ampur. We went to the Ampur and they send us to Immigration at Chang Wattana, where they said we normally do it but cant fo you because you have to get this paper where you did your 90 day reporting.

So gf calls the Nothaburi office again and yes we can come but need to take all papers of the house with us (we had them with us the first time already). We enter there and again we are told they dont have these kind of papers and act dumb. We remain seated and an other (asian) foreigner also says they should have that. They still act stupid.

Then just before closing a paper appears (pre printed) made for the paper needed for the drivers license. I keep on smiling but obviously they had it all the time but were not in the mood for making it. They act like nothing has happend and like they did not send us off on a wild goose chase before. Gf was quite angry but also did not show it. Later she said they must have been not in the mood to make it.

I find it real annoying to be send all over the place loose half a day and come to the original place only to find out they have it in the end. They did not even look hard for the form they just got when they saw we would not want to go.

Just a small rant to get it off my chest, the thing is you cant really get angry with immigration because its not a smart move to make.

Many offices "charge" 200 or 300 Baht for that paper. When really insisting one will possibly get it for free (as it should).

I dont care to pay for it at all, that would have been no problem at all. They should have hinted at that or set an amount for it. Now it cost me half a day and 70 km of travel.

Choc Chai charge 500baht now for the proof of address.

HL :)

I would not have a problem with paying for it they should have made that clear. Better to pay and save a lot of time then to get send around and loose a lot of time.