Building Contractor Needed

bilinlos

Does anyone know of any reputable building contractors in Isaan? I plan to build a somewhat simple home about 30 kilometers south of Mukdahan. I have contacted Alan the Builder, but so far all I get back from him is what he won't do. I'd prefer to work with someone that has a bit more of a positive attitude. I have some simple Thai house plans that I wish to modifiy a bit to suite my needs. While I have a Thai partner that can communicate, I would like a contractor I can discuss issues in English. Am I asking too much?

No, you are not :)

At this moment a brother of my fiance is building my new house near

Nakhon Phanom. I do not know exactly what you have in mind, but this

guy is realy good. Take a look at my topic at 'Real Estate, housing,

house and land ownership' by marcel.dekorte. There you can find some

details and an image. Of course you can also send me an email if you

are interested.

With kind regards,

Marcel de Korte

Hi, as said previously, I believe you are not asking too much but I am still surprised you 'name and shame' someone who has no opportunity to reply to you on this forum!

Yes, he is a friend of mine, I admit it and also know the standard of his work. I was a building Project Manager and I am confident that he is a very good builder who has at least a years work lined up, which suggests others feel he is good also.

Maybe, your requirements simply did not fit with his building profile.

Its better to be told straight isn't it or would you have prefered BulS**t. I do not work for him, but just feel it necessary to respond to you post.

Good luck with your homebuilding BTW

Dave

Hi, as said previously, I believe you are not asking too much but I am still surprised you 'name and shame' someone who has no opportunity to reply to you on this forum!

Yes, he is a friend of mine, I admit it and also know the standard of his work. I was a building Project Manager and I am confident that he is a very good builder who has at least a years work lined up, which suggests others feel he is good also.

Maybe, your requirements simply did not fit with his building profile.

Its better to be told straight isn't it or would you have prefered BulS**t. I do not work for him, but just feel it necessary to respond to you post.

Good luck with your homebuilding BTW

Dave

Dave,

Thanks and I'm sure Alan is an honorable hardworking man with a quality product or there would be many complaints in here. I had a complete historical response written here but decided it was not nessisary and deleted it all. I do not wish to slander him or anyone else. I did get a personal email from Alan and I responded to him. At this point it is what it is.

I've received two other references here in Thaivisa and will follow up on those.

I have an Irish Builder that built my house in Mukdahan, You can check it out under New Restaurant in Mukdahan,If I can be of assistance to you that's where you'll find me and you can check out the Quality of work at the same time. Good Luck.

We are just about finished with our house. We have used a local contractor, who has made everything.

Since we are still living outside Thailand, we had no rush. So we allowed 6 month for the project. He has used 7 months, so we are happy. We will first be back in April. Looking at several photos it looks pretty good.

He has buld many houses in Isaan including some nearby our's. So it has been easy to see what quality and price to expect.

Our house is build in Kuchinarai in Kalasin. The m2 price was 8.500 baht including everything for a nice, goodlooking, standard "farang"-style with no gold handles or anything like that.

I might be able to find his phone number if you want it.

Quote bilinlos

Does anyone know of any reputable building contractors in Isaan? I plan to build a somewhat simple home about 30 kilometers south of Mukdahan. I have contacted Alan the Builder, but so far all I get back from him is what he won't do. I'd prefer to work with someone that has a bit more of a positive attitude. I have some simple Thai house plans that I wish to modifiy a bit to suite my needs. While I have a Thai partner that can communicate, I would like a contractor I can discuss issues in English. Am I asking too much?

Hi Alan the builder doe's most the work around my area and indeed my house , unless he is too busy to do it but I don't go

getting all histrionic about it if he cannot manage to do it ,i accept that he is busy and i go reluctantly and look else where ,I say

reluctantly because the standard of his work is very high and i would rather have him do it , but at the moment i believe he has at least 18 months work on his books including a couple of very expensive house's , we are good friend's and have a beer together

and sometimes i will help him out and check his Building emails for him if he cannot get to his computer to let him know if there is any urgent message's ,and i believe he replied to your email about 9 months ago and then did not hear anything till recently now is that a positive attitude ?

Quote bilinlos

Hi Alan the builder doe's most the work around my area and indeed my house , unless he is too busy to do it but I don't go

getting all histrionic about it if he cannot manage to do it ,i accept that he is busy and i go reluctantly and look else where ,I say

reluctantly because the standard of his work is very high and i would rather have him do it , but at the moment i believe he has at least 18 months work on his books including a couple of very expensive house's , we are good friend's and have a beer together

and sometimes i will help him out and check his Building emails for him if he cannot get to his computer to let him know if there is any urgent message's ,and i believe he replied to your email about 9 months ago and then did not hear anything till recently now is that a positive attitude ?

Please read what I said earlier. I readily accept the fact he most probably is a good contractor. I've responded to Alan's email asking about this string. You might have seen my original request but obvioully have not seen the later emails. The bottom line is I asked for some green technology incorportated and he indicated he doesn not do that. I spend many months trying to reseaarch if anyone could do what I was looking as far out in the country as I am building. After months of research and reading comments here I decided that I would be happy with a well constucted home and then try and get some of the green technology installed later. Because of Alan's reputation, which I am not trying to hurt by the way, I contacted him. I had found a simple Thai home that I sent him a web site for and he seemed keen on helping me in the first return email. After that all I got was emails of what he wouldn't do and never any idea of what he would do. He had decided he was not helping me for what ever reason. The only reason I mentioned his name in the first place was I knew if I ask for a builder in Isaan, that is the referene I would get.

I do not wish to get into endless discussions of his abilities and quality. I have never slandered his name other than he won't help me so I need another contracor. It's that simple. And for other friends and customers of Alan, please this is not about him, it's about me needing a contractor. I am not going to spend my life defending my original statement and this will be the last word.

Good Team Of House Builders Available, I'd like to recommend these guys

The above topic was started by me a few months ago.

The building team are located 20k south of Mukdahan and at present available.

Thank you for the recomendation

I Used Alanthebuilder.com for my house in Ban Saray, I'm sure Alan is based in Surin.

Hi Whtterz

That is a beautiful house. You must be very proud if it.

It certainly is NOT a 'simple Thai house' as the OP wanted and it also confirms my 'hunch' about a mis-match of requirements.

Dave

Edited by Dave the Dude

I Used Alanthebuilder.com for my house in Ban Saray, I'm sure Alan is based in Surin.

Hi Whtterz

That is a beautiful house. You must be very proud if it.

It certainly is NOT a 'simple Thai house' as the OP wanted and it also confirms my 'hunch' about a mis-match of requirements.

Dave

It is a beautiful house but it is much more than I want and it would not fit into the village I wish to build in. You might be right about the mis-match. All is fine