Best Mobile To Use As Modem

joequinn

I need a mobile phone to use as a modem; I want to tether them . I have an IPStar connection at home but I need something that I can use when on the move or when my internet connection is down. I need the internet for work. I currently have a Samsung Tacco that I bought in Euroland, but I just can't get it to work. Can someone suggest a mobile that will work well in Thailand and will provide a reasonable speed. Something cheap and cheerful, but I will be prepared to pay more if it adds speed.

Could you also suggest a good sim card for internet purposes

Thanks People

Joe

HTC smart phones will give you 3 options. you can tether via bluetooth, usb or built in wifi router. i am currently using HTC Touch HD2 with I-Mobile 3g sim hitting almost 7 mbps in bangkok. Believe me you cant go wrong with HTC smart phones.

HTC smart phones will give you 3 options. you can tether via bluetooth, usb or built in wifi router. i am currently using HTC Touch HD2 with I-Mobile 3g sim hitting almost 7 mbps in bangkok. Believe me you cant go wrong with HTC smart phones.

Thanks for the advice guys.

What sort of price for one of these bad boys.

depends on the model that you choose. Trust me you have to see HTC models to fall in love with them, they might be a little on the pricy side but worth every penny. i say go to pantip plaza there is a very nice shop at the 4th floor right infront of the pentax shop. very friendly and they will back up the warranty. this is my 3rd htc device from their shop. also you can check the models at htc.com

Ive only ever used Nokia's and they connect real easily Via the Nokia PC suite software, as for sims, I just use my normal 1 two call sim, costs me 100b per month for 20hrs.

I'm also using the Nokia PC suite software. It connects quickly via Nokia phone with USB and is very easy to install and use. I bought a 12Call net sim for 139baht which includes 30 hours free. Once the 30 hours expire you can buy another 30 for only 99baht. Good value for money!

dandun, if i upgrade my 2 year old nokia (can't recall the model) to an HTC Touch HD2 would it increase my connection speed or is the speed purely based on the provider that you use?

Your current Samsung phone, also known as the Samsung F480, should provide the connection you seek.

Perhaps if you could provide a few details instead of "I just can't get it to work" clues to your problem might be provided. Are you saying the phone does not work at all in Thailand or just the Edge connection you desire. If only the Edge connection what is detailed description of problem (can't connect pc to phone or phone to internet or just plain slow connection)?