Problem With Fuji Memory Card

marquess

I have a Fuji Fine Pix 402, with a 128 memory card which I purchased last year. When turning on the camera today, I got an error message "Card not intialized!". When I put another card in the camera, there is no problem. Now what has happened here, is the card f####d, can I do anything about it? Thanks in advance!

I have a Fuji Fine Pix 402, with a 128 memory card which I purchased last year. When turning on the camera today, I got an error message "Card not intialized!". When I put another card in the camera, there is no problem. Now what has happened here, is the card f####d, can I do anything about it? Thanks in advance!

Check the thiny read/write protect switch on the side of the card

The Finepix 402 uses the xD picture card, it has no write protect switch.

This is a fairly common issue with Fuji cameras: What you can try is formatting the card in another camera using the camera's format function. You can also try completely deleting the card using a card reader attached to a PC (insert the card, right click on the drive, choose format, choose the "FAT" file system (not FAT32)). If these don't work, the problem is probably in the camera itself.

Edited by Firefoxx

Try taking the card to your local camera shop or photo print shop and ask them to try formating it in a different brand of camera not Fuji.

You could also buy a card reader, many of them come with a utility to format the card.

I have had this happen a few times but the card has never been unrecoverable.

It's seems mainly to be caused by pulling the card out while the camera is on or pulling the USB cable out without shutting the camera down first. :o