To Ianforbes And Lioness

Kan Win

Kan Waterfalls

The Sai Yok waterfall has been mentioned, just a bit

more info for anyone thinking about visiting this beautiful area.

Sai Yok Noi Waterfall is approx 60 kilometers from Kanchanaburi on highway 323, a short walk from the road into the

fall.

(Panoramic Photo)

original.jpg

Sai Yok Yai Waterfall approx 100 km from Kanchanaburi on highway 323, the entrance however is about 3km in from the

road, so you need to watch for signs.

large.jpg

Hin Dat Hot springs are approx 30 km further on highway 323 i.e. approx 130km from Kanchanaburi, about 1 km off to

the right of the highway. Water between 45c & 55c, the idea is to have a dip in the hot springs and then into the

river, hot cold, hot cold. Very relaxing.

large.jpg

Of equal beauty to Erawan Falls is the

Huai Mae Khamin, this is also a 7 tier waterfall,

The link

large.jpg

once over the Srinagarindra Dam instead of turning into Erawan, keep going. wet season a 4wd is required as quite a

stretch of road is unsealed, the extra distance from the Erawan is approx 48 km, but the road and the distance keep

the tourist coaces at bay and quite often you will have the place to yourself. Lovely camping grounds overlooking the

lake/dam, you can hire tents. They are going to seal the road 10km a year I believe staring this year.

Thanks for mentioning those, Lioness. They are truly lovely spots. There is a whole lot more to Thailand than just

Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket and Chiang Mai.

Hi Ian and 'lioness',

Great posts by you both, but without some photos folks on this forum are only reading the posts and not seeing Kan,

so here are some of mine insterted into 'lioness' post.

Another small one Kan be found, Kroengkrawia Waterfall just up the road from Hin Dat Hot springs I think near 'Green World Hotel & Golf ? :D

large.jpg

Sawadee :D

Ian, thank you for the plug in the Original Post about Kan Win and do not foget to take the Kids to "Safari Park, BoPhloi, Kannchanaburi

The Link

and Kan Beach

(Panoramic Photo)

original.jpg:)

The Kanchanaburi beach is Bangkok side of town, on monastry grounds, same road and same side as Tesco is on.

The Safari park is ok, except I feel for the moneys who are just in enclosures but have nothing to keep them occupied.

Beware the animals they have on tables for you to have your photo take with, the lion cub grabed my arm and it was like a razor slicing my skin, that was back in October and my arm still hasn't heeled completely. I mention this as some people park there kids on the tables, and if the lion cub had grabbed a childs arm the way he did mine then it woud have been a very serious injury.

Lovely photos Kan Win but as you know we have only touched on a very few of the beautiful spots here in Kanchanaburi, it's an amazingly beautiful province.