Personal Preference, V-twin (or "l" Twin) Versus Inline 4

submaniac

If you could choose, which one do you prefer  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've had a number of twins (Monster, R1100, Africa Twin, Russian sh*t-box) and they sometime have a nice character, but a free revving, in-line Japanese four is my favourite. I like their flexibility and smoothness and they're a lot nicer to ride fast for long distances.

I've had a couple of 4 cylinder bikes but I still prefer twins.. They require a different riding style and to my mind are far more rewarding to ride.. That said I find it hard to pick a favorite from KTM V's , Ducati L's, Honda V's or a good old Harley V's... Guess in the end it would have to be Ducati as that is my current bike.

Well, I only rode a Yamaha Diversion 600 and was amazed at how smooth and turbine like the motor worked. The other extreme was a Moto Guzzi V-2 which was like a living beast. Belching, shuddering, farting, ... Top speed, brake horse power pales besides the raw emotions one can experience on some twins.

I prefer twins - and like more than just the V-twins.

The other day, a Thai on a Honda VTR 1000 produced a sweet sound as well... But if I had unlimited funds, I would certainly also buy some refind four :)

Chris

Here in the U.K. I ride a Triumpth America , a 800cc twin cruiser ( i,m a triumpth nut ) , To me nothing sounds better than a Triumpth twin rumbling between your legs , I,l be retireing to l.o.s. in 3 yrs time , it,l too expensive to bring her over with me due to the grossly unfare tax impossed on an import , But I now understand a Triumpth dealer has openened in Phuket ( my retiring destination ) Anyone any idea of the costs in Thailand of a new Triumpth America ? I,l be over there in April anyway and will investigate . :)

Thanks for that Pikey , followed the link , answererd my questions in full. Triumpth have a second to none brand name around the world , I hope they don,t loose out in Thailand with there pricing . But then again if you own a Triumpth your part of a special club , ( in my opinion ) So maybe thats a price to pay . It won,t put me off , My only choice of bike is a Triumpth .

Cheers . Tony . :) .

I'll go with the triple too. The best of both worlds, and an excuse to post this again...

post-73341-1264853041_thumb.png

Although, having said that, I've just been to the Bangkok Bike Festival at Central World, lots of very nice bikes of all engine types. I'll still take a triple though, or maybe a Thunderbird twin.