30 Thai Doctors Infected With Type-A H1N1 Virus

webfact

The statements made by health dept officials as well as other appointees in various Ministries could easily be coupled with cartoon characters for a world class comic strip. Just take the daily mutterings as quoted by newspapers and good to go for the following week.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The statements made by health dept officials as well as other appointees in various Ministries could easily be coupled with cartoon characters for a world class comic strip. Just take the daily mutterings as quoted by newspapers and good to go for the following week.

It's up there with some headline like "Thirty automobile factory workers caught for drink driving outside local brewery across the street from public hospital."

lol i wouldn't doubt it is a random number and a ficticious story. my wife's school forced all teachers to get this vaccine. this story is likely the Health Depts manipulation to get people to want the vaccine.

Thailand plays more mind games on its people than any western country. i thought the US was bad..

I think highly possible. Also, with the vaccine's potential "side effects", why would anyone (after a second of thought) think taking the vaccine is a good idea? I've heard researchers say the swine flu is now weaker than the seasonal flu. How much of the statistics by sources such as Fox News etc., should one actually believe? I'm quite happy eating healthy and exercising etc, I haven't been sick for over 2 years since I stopped eating fast/man made food.

Oh... wow! So who makes your food?

Trouble is these viruses get spread so easily who knows how many actually get it.

I have faith that the masterminds who invent these things run countless experiments on lab rats before unleashing their inventions on human subjects or pigs. They know quite well that they can't sell an antidote to a dead customer, so they are naturally inclined to take care of their patients.

that's some interesting stuff right there. Some 30 doctors, how vague. I wonder if they all had their flu vaccine? Are they staying out of the sun and trying to make their skin white? That will kill the immune system. Sterilizing operating rooms, that's a novel concept. This is just too weird to be news, I almost don't believe it. Someones up to something somewhere. :)

:D

SO, they never wear a medical face mask, or wash their hands after seeing a patient!

:D

Baby, let me assure you, the vaccine is NOT safe. Not only is it NOT safe, it's quite likely deadly. Furthermore, Einstein, the med/gov are/is lying through their teeth when they say the vaccine will prevent the flu. Even if it did, which it definitely does NOT, nor did any vaccine ever prevent a disease, I'd much rather die a relatively quick and violent death from the swiney flew than the slow, agonizing, expensive death that the medical industry wants to stick me with. Can you read my lips? :)

LOL more BS propaganda! How many doctors get regular flu? sure it's more... I just can't wait when they start getting the first people with side effects coming forward crying about it... All I'll say is TOLD YOU!

Taking into consideration the fact that the government made it impossible for anyone to sue the manufacturer of the vaccine one has to really wonder why they'd do such thing??? Cause they know the shit isn't safe...

lol i wouldn't doubt it is a random number and a ficticious story. my wife's school forced all teachers to get this vaccine. this story is likely the Health Depts manipulation to get people to want the vaccine.

Thailand plays more mind games on its people than any western country. i thought the US was bad..

Baby, let me assure you, the vaccine is NOT safe. Not only is it NOT safe, it's quite likely deadly. Furthermore, Einstein, the med/gov are/is lying through their teeth when they say the vaccine will prevent the flu. Even if it did, which it definitely does NOT, nor did any vaccine ever prevent a disease, I'd much rather die a relatively quick and violent death from the swiney flew than the slow, agonizing, expensive death that the medical industry wants to stick me with. Can you read my lips? :)
LOL more BS propaganda! How many doctors get regular flu? sure it's more... I just can't wait when they start getting the first people with side effects coming forward crying about it... All I'll say is TOLD YOU!

Taking into consideration the fact that the government made it impossible for anyone to sue the manufacturer of the vaccine one has to really wonder why they'd do such thing??? Cause they know the shit isn't safe...

The pharmaceutical industry treated me like a pig, and that was before I catched their little virus. Now I have finally caught it and I know that one of us is not swine, so I won't cast any of my pearls before them.

Did you think we, the world, were stupid just because we never trusted med school?

More fool you.

Baby, let me assure you, the vaccine is NOT safe. Not only is it NOT safe, it's quite likely deadly. Furthermore, Einstein, the med/gov are/is lying through their teeth when they say the vaccine will prevent the flu. Even if it did, which it definitely does NOT, nor did any vaccine ever prevent a disease, I'd much rather die a relatively quick and violent death from the swiney flew than the slow, agonizing, expensive death that the medical industry wants to stick me with. Can you read my lips? :D

I think that your statement was stretching it a bit when you said vaccines never prevent disease. My age lets me remember "Polio Meningitis" and the millions of kids that drank the wee cup of vaccine that saved them from agony and deformities of their legs - I know of many other successful vaccinations too, but I won't rub it in :) However. These days I will agree that the big $ does seem to be more important than ethics in many countries, but you can't just make a broad statement that "all vaccines" are lethal..... way outside the box, if not complete ignorance.

As a 43 42 year old unfit asthmatic with Ross River virus who would seem to have caught this little 'flu bug in the last few days, and only felt the strong symptoms this morning, I'll keep you all informed of whether I live or die tomorrow morning, sans vaccine.

I believe that this whole scare campaign was financially motivated, and if I wake up tomorrow morning I know I will still have this man-made 'flu, but if I survive I want us all to have our money back because I lived through it without the vaccine.

Next thing we'll read in the papers is that pigs can fly.

<ed: numerical typo>

Edited by SeanMoran

Wow, the health minister is being replaced by the education minister. This means patients will not be allowed to ask questions, there will be no failures, and doctors will not attend to you during hospital hours. You will have to pay them extra for after hours treatement.

I'm not French but my son is at the French school in Bangkok and was vaccinated free of charge by the French Embassy.

And so was my Thai wife.

So I take advantage of this thread to thank the French government and the French taxpayers :)

Edited by Farangrakthai

<br />I like the bit where they said the 30 doctors are now resting at home until fully recovered, they have a dam_n long wait on their hands then.I doubt the spraying of disinfectant will help matters at all, as this is an airborn virus that normal medicines does not effect it.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Of course spraying disinfectant will work...one spray for each exhalation of breath. Better still, simply spray directly at the doctor continuously, that will work. I'm off to buy stock in spray disinfectant companies.

Following the estimation of 30 doctors infected with the virus

So just a random number plucked from thin air then ??

Everything in medicine is 30.

30b healthcare

30 doctors infected with H1N1

There are 30 symptoms relating to contracting a broken leg

The human body has 30 bones

Her bulging bossoms seemed barely contained in the sensual sheer lace wonder bra, that saw her cleavage spilling over the top of the pink silk 30C triumph under garments

30% of the populace have been diagnosed as having imminent death syndrome

The IQ of the average minister of health excluding their assistants such as Mr Happy Toilet is 30

The death toll from traffic accidents averages 30 people per day

The number of glasses of water that the average person should drink each day is 30.

There are 30 essential vitamins and minerals required daily.

It is a golden rule of medicine. Alongside the best cure for any disease being some combination of antibiotics and holding a piece of paper over your head in the sun plus wearing a sweater back to front in aircon rooms.

I teach gynocology at a leading university; no real degree, but as I say to clients, I'll look into it for you.

Absolutely the number one reply to this thread IMO. I tip my hat and am slill laughing. Thank you for the entertainment.

Following the estimation of 30 doctors infected with the virus

So just a random number plucked from thin air then ??

Oh, come on.

We have the same problem in my country. The government order to far to many doses of vaccine and dont know how to get rid of them.

But in my country the government have to be careful about funny jokes. :)

What country?

US, UK,,,,,,,OZ........

over production of the vaccine has led to a world glut and so they need to flog off the excess somewhere

might as well be Thailand

ITS A COLD

get over it

Theres a lot of money to be made selling vaccines, and very profitable creating these diseases in the first place. Aids is working well but to slow, Ebola was excellent but to fast and never had time to spread quick enough. So they will keep trying with swine flu, avian flu until they get the perfect one. Watch

Mr Evil himself Rockefeller talks about population control. The so called elite in this world want to reduce the population by at least 50% by disease and war. (look around you).

I didn't know teachers were in the 'risk' group. Are you sure they got the right vaccine? Every province requested several 100K's but got mostly only a few 1000. That's probably part of the mind games. Just inject them with anything and they will be fine.

I just read in Yahoo! News that in some areas of the UK, 50% of the children have been infected.

Couldn't find the article you refer to through Google search, but found another story at s site called Englemed News that cites a study that found 40 percent at some midlands and London schools showed signs of immunity, which would mean they had been exposed to the virus. The study went on to say that the current immunological studies showed that in some areas only one in ten who had the flu were reported. That means the symptoms were so mild parents didn't notice it as being more that a regular summer cold.

The WHO created a huge panic over this strain of flu, because everyone is on tenterhooks waiting for the Next Big One. Everyone in the medical community is convinced there is going to be a big pandemic of some kind, with huge fatalities, and that we need to prepare for it as best we can. This wasn't it. The fatality rate of this strain is about the same as the regular flu -- why don't people panic about that every year? I grew up before the Salk polio vaccine was invented and remember the anxiety every year as August approached, with the annual "infantile paralysis" epidemic. The pictures in the newspapers every year of people in iron lungs. President Roosevelt in a wheelchair. Why are people so complacent about the regular flu, which kills thousand every year? Because you're still more likely to die from a fall in your bathroom!

As for this story, it's the usual garbage reporting that The Nation is famous for.

I agree with those calling fake, and suggesting that this is a scare tactic. More Nation reporting at its best.

Are there doctors in Thailand with it? Sure, but I'm sure that there are many more doctors with the regular flu, they are human beings after all. What are the rates of doctor infection for other countries? I'm sure they aren't that different.

I know that at Siriraj and Ramathibodhi there have been at least two doctor vaccination drives, the most recent happening just a week ago. They are using a French form of the vaccine, which to me means that they don't trust the Thai version.

I think the H1N1 hype is dying down. The numbers aren't what were expected, either because of the preparations done globally, or its ability to spread and mutate was miscalculated. You decide. :)

Edited by Meridian007

Because one does not presently see the illness in Thailand does not mean that it is not a threat. The virus is in sync with the monsoon season, not with the moods of the beer swillers at Miss Pookies Pattaya Beer & Bosom Bonanza.

Ever notice that when someone cannot substantiate a statement, he or she will present it as a "fact", as if that relieves the person from backing up the statement. Wild allegations and claims are not facts.

It is already proven beyond a shadow of a doubt this is all about Big Pharma collecting a pay day. Media hype, keep the money rolling in from stupid Govt's who wish to appear to be helping the populace in general. Ask Donal Rumsfeld and look into his connections for the USD50BN in their plan. The 30 doctors should be disbarred as accessories to conspiracy. Idiots all. :)

One of the problems with rumours and lies if they are repeated enough times, gullible ignorant people believe them. In most western countries, the (A) H1N1/09 flu vaccine was manufactured under a quasi nationalization program. The set amounts paid for the vaccine were negotiated long before this year and the rates and costs were open to public review and debate. The complaints being made at the time of the initial cost negotiations were that the governments were forcing the vaccine manufacturers to operate at a loss. Final cost adjustments per dose are negotiated as per the agreements in place once the go order was given.

Most western governments following the SARS crisis revised their vaccination plans to allow for the national governments to have the right to expropriate the right to manufacture without going through the messy and expensive business of expropriation.

What conspiracy nuts conveniently neglect to mention is that there is limited capacity to manufacture vaccines. This means that the regular flu vaccines and other seasonal vaccine manufacturing is halted and had to be restarted once production lines are changed over and disinfection and contamination protocols executed. I don't know about the EU, but in North America and Australia, the vaccine manufacturers didn't push for this vaccine effort and in fact resisted. The timelines were too thin and left them open to serious problems. It was a major logistical nightmare and had the potential to rip into the profit margin. Instead of bashing these companies, they should be praised, particularly the workers that put in the long hours to deliver the results.

It is idiotic to call something a hoax or conspiracy without reviewing the actual results. Citing FoxNews doesn't qualify as a credible source. One cannot assess the situation until all the data is submitted and reviewed. There are not hundreds of millions of unused flu vaccine out there. Has it dawned on some of the geniuses that maybe the reason the number of infections did not skyrocket is attributable to the fact that enough of the population was vaccinated to prevent the spread of the illness? If one looks at the results in Canada and the USA, it appears that the program achieved the desired results. Canada recorded close to 50% vaccination rates with almost no serious ADRs. It is interesting to note that within 60 days of the vaccination program being launched in Canada & the USA the cases reported started falling. DO NOT CONFUSE THE SUCCESS OF THE VACCINE PROGRAM WITH THERE NOT HAVING BEEN A SIGNIFICANT RISK.

quote.......The great swine flu hoax of 2009 is now falling apart at the seams as one country after another unloads hundreds of millions of doses of unused swine flu vaccines. No informed person wants the injection anymore, and the entire fear-based campaign to promote the vaccines has now been exposed as outright quackery and propaganda.

Even doctors are now calling the pandemic a complete hoax. As reported on FoxNews, Dr. Wolfgang Wodarg, a leading health authority in Europe, says that drug companies "organized a 'campaign of panic' to put pressure on the World Health Organization (WHO) to declare a pandemic. He believes it is 'one of the greatest medicine scandals of the century,' and he has called for an inquiry." .....end quote mike adams

To the fellow that wrote the above, please take some time to check the facts and please do not spread nonsense. There was a real and imminent danger as people were dying in droves last year. You have forgotten that there was massive pressure on governments to respond. There was real panic in the general population at the time. Schools were closed and the threat of a serious economic disruption was evident.Hospital ERs were overcrowded with people thinking they had the flu. Those that were indeed sick were monopolizing hospital respirators. There was a month last year when hospitals in the USA and Canada were reporting that all respirators were in use. The net result was that people in need of urgent care for other illnesses could not be cared for and were at serious risk . Had the governments not acted as they did and this disease spread, you would now be saying it was a conspiracy to cull the population.Almost 1/2 of all fatalities have been in the Americas. Because you did not see these dead people, does not mean that there wasn't a risk to the world population.

It must be very unfomfortable for alot of people to accept that big business performed, that government performed and that the social agencies and health services performed and that they all have done a good job on the whole.

Scare tactics is what they always used to control the masses, not surprising. But this time they gamble on your health to get huge(!) profits.

I wouldn't be surprised if Glaxo Smith (one of vaccination producer and WHO advisory board member(!))

would announce that the swine flu has mutated to a new strain, attacking pets and cockroaches

just so that they can sell it.

The scare will continue and most probably most bizarre stories we will read in the future,

just to scare people into vaccination.

Stay tuned.

"The incompetence of the Public Health ministry is becoming clearer by the day."

Why are you blaming the government for the shortsightedness of individual physicians? The doctors decided not to get vaccinations. It's a simple as that.

Just called Bumrungrad, and despite the constant drone about the dangers of h1n1 here in Siam, you can't get a vaccine! You have to go to a government run hospital (yeah right) and can only get it if you are in a high risk group.

WHat a JOKE.

There's a glut of the vaccine all over the world, but Thailand once again fails to get its act together. What's to come of the people here in a genuine medical emergency.

LAME LAME and more LAME