Wanted, Honda Monkey Bike (z50m)

Spoonman

• 4 weeks later...

I restored a z50 and a Dax (CT70) last year, they're quite easy and fun to work on.

I'm sure you know you can drop in bigger Chinese engines up to 150cc I think.

I knew some guys with 140ccs in their Gorillas and they would fly by me on my scooter.

Have fun and post pics of the bike's progress.

• 9 months later...

Hi,

I'm coming back to thailand in 2 days time and looking into buying 1 or 2 Honda dax or chaly's and taking back to the uk. Has anyone any information on this and whether it's a worthwhile exercise or not financially etc. Have checked the above websites but do not speak or read Thai so any info on where to source the bikes would be greatly appreciated.

I would also like to take back some dax motor upgrades as a couple of friends have standard 50cc's and are after a little more power. Again any info on this would be great. I will be in Bangkok from tomorrow for a week and then back again for another week around new year.

You can buy ape and gorilla clones directly from stallion Brand new they are +- 40k baht and not too bad quality.

http://www.stallionsminiclub.com/

http://www.powerstallions.com/index.php?lay=show&ac=cat_showcat&l=2&cid=39711

I nearly bought the wife one as a fun bike but decided not to be more practical.

If you only wanted unplated bikes to export you could find charly's without plates much cheaper. But for use in Thailand the benefit of brand new and 100% legal green books seems worth it to me.