Thai Elephants Help Haiti - Call Me A Cynic But....

Tigs

I have just been watching EuroNews and in the 'no comment' section they have just shown about 6 elephants in Bangkok being led down what looked like the Khausan Rd area. They had white hearts painted on their heads with red crosses in them and the sides of the elephants were painted white with 'Thai Elephants help Haiti' in red. The farangs and Thais alike were putting loads of money in the baskets the Elephants carried, clearly carried away by the 'cause'.

Now am I alone in thinking that there is more chance of platting Fog than any of that money travelling more than 5km from Bangkok, let alone Haiti? A great scam for the elephant owners. I bet within 1 week, the elephants around my area will be adorned the same.

Edited by Tigs

ok you are a cynic..

ITN news in UK are reporting this and interviewed the head of the Red Cross in Bangkok on film

it looked kosher to me

Most things in Thailand look 'kosher' then you take a good look and see that your initial instincts were correct!! I hope I am wrong but I am going with my first instincts!

Rediculous whatever they abuse elephants for, a bloody shame really. Gov is too weak to control this, or control anything but visarules and animal welfare is not an issue here and will never be, sad enough.

Don't make me laugh with such sick, hypocrite nonsense like this Haiti thing.

'In Thailand, approximately 3,800 of the country's estimated 5,000 endangered Asian elephants are in private hands. Most are used as tourist attractions in elephant camps where they are forced to perform circus tricks and give rides. PETA U.S. has uncovered the horrific torture that is routine in Thailand's secret "training" camps. Still-nursing baby elephants are literally dragged from their mothers, kicking and screaming. They are immobilized, beaten mercilessly, and gouged with nails for days at a time. These ritualized "training" sessions leave the elephants badly injured, traumatized, or even dead.

source: http://helpthaielephants.com/