Need Some Advice

hi i am a student form the uk, and would like to move to koh samui for about a year. however i know its very hard to get a job there, but i wanted to know if it could be possible for me to teach privately, basicically rent a classroom and teach kids english. becuase i have heard there isnt many english schools in koh samui.

i dnt have a tefl or anything at the moment, but if i see there is potential in this idea, i would take up a tefl course. and also roughly how much do you think i can make on a monthly basis? if i did go ahead with this. ( ignore the need for work permit, or visa, because i have got that arranged already)

thanking you in advance.

well its i will be in bangkok teaching for about a 3 month before hand, and the school have said they are willing to get me the necassary details sorted out.

so any suggestions?

from this months community magazine (local samui mag)

immigration officials intent to crackdown on backpackers who come to samui and teach english. unannounced visits to teaching establishments are promised , with fines and deportation promised for those in breach of regulations.

i believe that a work permit to teach in a certain school in bangkok will only allow you to work in that one school.

from this months community magazine (local samui mag)

immigration officials intent to crackdown on backpackers who come to samui and teach english. unannounced visits to teaching establishments are promised , with fines and deportation promised for those in breach of regulations.

i believe that a work permit to teach in a certain school in bangkok will only allow you to work in that one school.

Yes I read that also, they inspected some dive shops aswell, they also

will continue to do checks periodicly

Tax you are right, the permit will be for that Bangkok school only, iky, once you finish working you are legally obliged to return the permit & revert your visa to a non imm o or multiple entry/tourist. Any future job you have will need a new wp & non b visa.

well its i will be in bangkok teaching for about a 3 month before hand, and the school have said they are willing to get me the necassary details sorted out.

something else to ponder.

without tefl you might not be able to legally teach here , maybe an english teacher here can clear that one up , and i doubt if any school or company would go to the expense or hassle of getting a work permit for somebody on what sounds like an informal 3 month placement.

and as far as thailand goes , what is promised and what is received are rarely the same thing.

oh man, this is bad news.

why is thailand so difficult to live and work. its almost as if they hate us backpackers.

anyways in regards to the school visa. i was worried about that also, because i have heard schools say one thing and dnt honour their word later, or just lie to straight. so thats also a cause for concern at the moment,

but anyways thank you ever so much for the feedback i just have to decide what to do now.