A Tv Alternative To Ubc

bluweyze

One other question. We have bought a home in the Urbanna Village development, Don Chan area. Any members have any knowledge of this development? 

You've bought a house here, AND NOW you want to know about the development????  

Thanks for your positive reply.

My sentence was not clear, I admit that. We did in fact do a lot of research of numerous factors, but to be honest, we forgot to check about the cable TV. We've since had a positive reply from the developer.

Only trying to have a bit of fun, guess I forgot an emoticon  :D  But to be honest but not nasty at all, it did sound like you'd bought a house without visiting the area  :D

He wouldn't have been the first, as I mentioned in the Birds Eye Custard thread, there was some clown posting in the CM forum a couple of years back who hadn't only bought a house without visiting it, he also couldn't find it :) I wish I could remember the topic title and I'd ressurect it though I imagine it got closed.

He wouldn't have been the first, as I mentioned in the Birds Eye Custard thread, there was some clown posting in the CM forum a couple of years back who hadn't only bought a house without visiting it, he also couldn't find it :) I wish I could remember the topic title and I'd ressurect it though I imagine it got closed.

That thread appears to have been censored  :D

• 3 weeks later...
anyone with Multichoice C-Band DSTV service may want to look at this thread, it seems like MultiChoice will stop emitting his services through C band satellite at the end of May 2010. :D:)

With a big enough dish about 10 ft you can receive the Ku band also

anyone with Multichoice C-Band DSTV service may want to look at this thread, it seems like MultiChoice will stop emitting his services through C band satellite at the end of May 2010. :D:)

How convenient NOT, especially with the world cup starting in June......

Really???? Ku Band? i thought that footprint was only over africa, unlike the C band which covers virtually a hemisphere...

which transponder can you pick up?

Really???? Ku Band? i thought that footprint was only over africa, unlike the C band which covers virtually a hemisphere...

which transponder can you pick up?

he probably means the Chinese one, but i dont think they will have Multichoice from June either

A friend of mine just threw down 25,000 baht for multichoice. I mention this slight problem but he just had to have supersports. Would not wait tell after May 1. :D Oh well, of course he also bought the old Dynasat system and we do know how that one went. :)

I used to pay 2,100 baht per month for True/UBC platinum. Now I pay 250 baht per month for Dreambox and I get more channels then I got before. I paid 4000 baht for installation 6 months ago so I am well ahead no matter what.

Im not sure what will happen with the Pubs in town with regards to showing live sports that True/UBC doesnt cover

The Southern Hemisphere rugby season starts in June. Can any pub owners out there confirm yr status with regard to that.

Im not sure what will happen with the Pubs in town with regards to showing live sports that True/UBC doesnt cover

The Southern Hemisphere rugby season starts in June. Can any pub owners out there confirm yr status with regard to that.

A fair bit of the Southern Hemisphere rugby will be available on Australia Network on satellite IS8. It is encrypted but they will mail a smart card for free - you just need a STB that is compatible with the card. I have been able to receive the Super 14 games successfully so far.

A fair bit of the Southern Hemisphere rugby will be available on Australia Network on satellite IS8. It is encrypted but they will mail a smart card for free - you just need a STB that is compatible with the card. I have been able to receive the Super 14 games successfully so far.

thanks for that info

I wouldnt think the Aus network cover All Black Games vs Boks, or Super 14 games not involving Australian teams would they?

it doesnt bode well for Guinness drinkers that watch international rugby in this town

Does this mean that WETV wont be able to show Supersport channels after May? These kind of posts always get very technical!

quite possibly so

i wouldnt think WETV have the resources to pay license fees to get Multichoice in the first place

is that the source you use for yr pub when showing live rugby?

thanks for that info

I wouldnt think the Aus network cover All Black Games vs Boks, or Super 14 games not involving Australian teams would they?

it doesnt bode well for Guinness drinkers that watch international rugby in this town

They are showing the Crusaders-Blues game today so I think it might depend more on game times rather than who is playing. They publish the schedule here

thanks for that info

They are showing the Crusaders-Blues game today so I think it might depend more on game times rather than who is playing. They publish the schedule here

arh ok

thanks for that, at least some of us that have a large dish& STB have the option of getting it re positioned for the Aus network (after we get the card) :)

I used to pay 2,100 baht per month for True/UBC platinum. Now I pay 250 baht per month for Dreambox and I get more channels then I got before. I paid 4000 baht for installation 6 months ago so I am well ahead no matter what.

Excuse my ignorance, but could you please explain 'dreambox'.

Excuse my ignorance, but could you please explain 'dreambox'.

explaination here but basically the set top box to pick up satellite tv

i dont think im allowed to discuss what Sansai Sam has, as it could be a no-no here, but hes on to a winner :)