Places To Stay Near Ferry" To" Ko Samui?

fezman

Hi we are going to land in Phuket in March and we miss the last flight to Ko Samui that night ,so hired a car and will drive to the ferry .

Have read a post on here that the road is new ,straight and fast ,but will not make the last ferry of the night .

So were is there somewhere not far from the ferry to sleep and get up and catch the first ferry in the morning ,and should I book a ferry ticket before hand ?

and in case some one knows a better way we land in Phuket at 7.30 at night ,if its on time and then we clear customs and get the car we should be ready to hit the road bout 9.30 I think.

thanks heaps ,fez.

Sleep in Phuket and take a flight next day to Samui would be the most convenient option by far.

Driving the car to Don Sak in the night is dangerous. But if you do, you will be in Don Sak in the middle of the night. There are bungalows nearby the Seatrans ferry. Usually ferries are full, but you could park the car there in the night and walk back to the bungalows (take a flashlight along). Or it could be that you have to wait a few hours.

A reservation should be done some days in advance and is only possible if you are a member or if you have a BOA ATM card.

Sleep in Phuket and take a flight next day to Samui would be the most convenient option by far.

Driving the car to Don Sak in the night is dangerous. But if you do, you will be in Don Sak in the middle of the night. There are bungalows nearby the Seatrans ferry. Usually ferries are full, but you could park the car there in the night and walk back to the bungalows (take a flashlight along). Or it could be that you have to wait a few hours.

A reservation should be done some days in advance and is only possible if you are a member or if you have a BOA ATM card.

thanks mate ,I have drivin heaps in thai at night so should be fine .

but there is three of us ,and I think ,its heaps cheaper and will be there in less time or bout the same time.

get off the plane ,pay for taxi,hotel,taxi back to airport,pay for plane ,the taxi from ko samui airport to sisters house .

or get off plane ,drive to ferry and drive off straight there and keep the car for a few days.

I will try the bungalows near seatrans ferry ,if not an hour or two nap in the car and ferry will have to do.

thanks again.

I dont know the answer to this but it might be worth your while checking out.......you cant generally hire a car on the island and take it over to the mainland so therefore can you take a hire car onto the island???????????????

Mind you Budget car hire is I believe the only one that does allow it so you could make sure you ask them.

HL :)

I dont know the answer to this but it might be worth your while checking out.......you cant generally hire a car on the island and take it over to the mainland so therefore can you take a hire car onto the island???????????????

Mind you Budget car hire is I believe the only one that does allow it so you could make sure you ask them.

HL :)

Hi Larry ,yer your right ,budget is the one ,all ready booked it .they give you the car at the airport and you give it back to them in chaweng or KS airport,and no one way fee if you have the car more than 2 days .

booked through Thai visa hire car ,which I have done a few times now and there always great .

like I say maybe a bit of effort ,but saves heaps of money and dont have to deal with Phuket taxi drivers ,hotels etc.

I found a place near the don sak ferry ,don sak orchid resort .has some cheap rooms and looks ok if you get stuck there.

www.suratorchid.com.

if the planes a bit late I will maybe find some where to eat ,then drive up that road 44,by that time wont be to long before the first ferry goes.what time is the fist one ?some say 5 some say 7am.

Is the first ferry always full?and can we call them and book a ticket before hand?and what about the Raja ferry ? never hear much about it ,only sea trans.

so they must be better ,but how ruff are they?

thanks, fez

Khanom is the name of the northernmost district of Nakhon Si Thammarat Province next to Don Sak. There are many beaches and they are beautiful.

But why would someone coming in the middle of the night and departing in the morning be interested?