Anyone Else's Yahoo Being Directed To Au.yahoo ?

fiddlehead

Started about 3 days ago.

Whenever I go to yahoo, it redirects me to au.yahoo and it's all australian sports, news, travel, highlights, everything australian.

Nothing against Aussies but I am interested in other sports besides cricket, rugby and soccer (i do like the tennis news)

Just wondering if anyone else is affected?

TOT is my provider and I live in Rawai.

They give me that garbage when I logout of my email account, but I've got yahoo.com bookmarked at a separate address, so I can get global garbage at the click of a bookmark if I need a search engine.

That's all I use Yahoo! for apart from email. Their news is a joke, and their journalists bring me close to tears when I have to read the abysmal standard of English they allow themselves to publish. God only knows where they get their editors from.

I also have it bookmarked.

www.yahoo dot com

However, I get redirected to au.yahoo dot com

I use yahoo for their sports and finance pages.

I won't tell you who I get my news from

(don't really want to argue about it, just would like yahoo back complete with their links to nfl and nasdaq/nyse)

I also have it bookmarked.

www.yahoo dot com

However, I get redirected to au.yahoo dot com

In that case, I'd have to write, "No, not up here in Rayong.", for I checked the bookmark for yahoo.com to test it out before replying, and as usual got a serve of hollywood garbage, rather than the aussie garbage that might come with the territory wherein I opened that email account in Australia on the last Olympic opening day.

Sorry to hear that someone's redirecting your http requests. All I know about the ISP that this hotel uses is that it has something to do with TOT, and if I ask for Yahoo! they serve me Yahoo!. I only use the search engine anyway. Their news is utter garbage.

I could be wrong, but it may be related to your computer setup (language English, location Bangkok). The trouble is that if you change it your home country, your system clock will be wrong.

E: Try posting in the tech forum

Edited by Ping