Telephone & Internet, Wireless Or Cable

BarryNZ

:o Hi out there, My wife's family are from Khon Kaen or to be precise a small village 22 km east of Chumphae along the highway to Khon Kaen.

Any suggestions on the best ISPs whether wireless or not and the best way to get a telephone line installed in my in law's house in the village so that I can connect up when I am away from home.

BarryNZ

I think GPRS is available almost everywhere in LOS now.

So if you have a GPRS capable cell phone and sign up for data service, you can connect that way. It will be slow, but you can do email and may a chat board okay.

Not sure, but I think GPRS service is available with pre-paid phone cards. Someone better check me on that. Otherwise you may need a work permit to get post paid service (sometimes required for GPRS ?) or have the account in your Thai wife's name.

GPRS is available on DTAC D-Prompt prepaid cards for sure. I use one in my PDA.

Not sure about AIS 1-2 Call. I use an AIS billed account in my cellphone, and I had to fax signed copies of my passport and work permit (which they had already when I opened the account - but TIT) before they would activate Mobile Office (GPRS) on my account.