Reputable Law Firm In Udon

iono

I've searched the forums, but have not found anything pertaining to my situation. I'm looking for a reputable lawyer who can deal with a land dispute. I'm currently putting up a fence and now having issues with a neighbor....now about a month back we had an issue as someone had been encroaching on our land and we settled this issue by just giving in and allowing them the little that they had used to be retained to their side...now I have another issue....so instead of being the complying falang I want to find a decent lawyer who can read a plot map and give us guidance in what to do next i.e. bring the law to bare on these misfits as I refuse to lye down on this B.S. any longer. Thanks rant over any suggestions, good lawyer in Udon (I live in the Nong Bua Lam Phu area).

Your best bet is to take you wife and land papers to the local land office,they will clarify the leagal owner of the disputed land.If you have a "Chanote" there will be boundary posts set in all 4 corners of your land,if this is the case there is no dispute.

Edited by How

Your best bet is to take you wife and land papers to the local land office,they will clarify the leagal owner of the disputed land.If you have a "Chanote" there will be boundary posts set in all 4 corners of your land,if this is the case there is no dispute.

Everyone, thanks for the guidance, funny we do have all legal paperwork and boundaries marked, but the lady is persistent, it looks to be more of a hurt feelings thing as it turns out she wanted a gate placed on her side, I guess for visiting and what not, everyday something new, great place to live :)

My wife and I had the same problem in Ban Non Saat and the lady who encroached on us MOVED the boundry markers (or someone did). The family met with the man who we bought the land from and the "mayor" of the village and the people from the land office (its not easy to get everyone together at the same time) and our matter was settled. I think it ended up costing B3,000 for something, but it is now official and the lady is not happy.

On a side note, I talked through my wife and her family so as to not come across as an arrogant falang. It is usually fair when its Thai v. Thai and a falang just happens to be in one of the families :)

Good luck on your situation.