Tv Status Change!

prk888

Just out of interest, how and why did my status TV change? Who did that? Just noticed .... should I feel honoured to now be deemed an advanced member? What's the next promotion and who does that and why? I have often wondered where we get the titles from. Thanks

It's an automated process based on the below post count:

Newbie 0

Member 10

Advanced Member 30

Senior Member 100

Super Member 1000

Platinum Member 2000

Titanium Member 5000

Star Member 10000

Moving to Forum Support

thanks taiwais

It's an automated process based on the below post count:

Newbie 0

Member 10

Advanced Member 30

Senior Member 100

Super Member 1000

Platinum Member 2000

Titanium Member 5000

Star Member 10000

Moving to Forum Support

That's not right because I am still an advanced member but I have 1500 posts. ???

<nevermind>

Edit: The title is not the same as the group. The names Tywais posted are titles not groups.

When you reach 500 posts your group changes to "Advanced Members". Also at some point you are able to change your own title, think that's at 500 posts as well. So ScubaBudha you would be a Super Member had you not changed your title to ScubaNinja.

Edited by d0ndela

Maybe someone can answer this for me - on Sunday I went past my 700 post mark, but on Monday when I logged on I was back down to 689, which I thought was odd as I am not aware of having any deleted (recently).

Similarly a while back I had a two star rating (dunno why mind) and then one day I noticed I had gone back down to one. Whilst that might still be overrating my sorry-assed perfomance on TV, I just wonder - can we "de-rate" people or be de-rated by admin/mods??

If not how do you lose a rating?

Thanks

I don't know for sure, but my guess is that the star rating is an average of everyone who rated you. So, if enough people rated you as a "1," that could drag your average down to a 1-point-something. If it got low enough (maybe under 1.5?), it might change your rating to a "1." But, that's just a guess...maybe someone else knows for sure.

<nevermind>

Edit: The title is not the same as the group. The names Tywais posted are titles not groups.

When you reach 500 posts your group changes to "Advanced Members". Also at some point you are able to change your own title, think that's at 500 posts as well. So ScubaBudha you would be a Super Member had you not changed your title to ScubaNinja.

Ah ok. I was thinking that might be the case.

I don't know for sure, but my guess is that the star rating is an average of everyone who rated you. So, if enough people rated you as a "1," that could drag your average down to a 1-point-something. If it got low enough (maybe under 1.5?), it might change your rating to a "1." But, that's just a guess...maybe someone else knows for sure.

Thanks. That makes sense. I had thought it might be affected by the number of posts you make, so if someone rated you highly to begin with and then you just posted rubbish and nobody rates you, it somehow diluted your rating.

If you go into someone's profile, under the personal photo there is a star rating system.

You can increase or decrease someone's rating, Croppy you have just gone up a star :D

That's very kind!

I was thinking of celebrating the unusual fact of my passing the 700 post mark for the THIRD time in 3 days yesterday! Without any being deleted it would seem.

Remind me never to buy a car from anyone working at TV. How could I trust the miles on the clock?! :)

I saw a thread earlier today which I cannot now locate, saying that some posts from the games forum have been deleted from peoples' tallies. I have never posted on there, but I have on other less serious forums like the footie one, and wonder if they have also beed deleted.

I've dropped over 1000 posts! :D

So who is counting. :D

On Pbase.com, I lost 1/2 a mil :D counts on folks visiting me as they had and still have a problem with their Statscounter since October 2090.

Big frigging deal.......... what does it matter :)

Sawadee :D