What Is The Actual Price Of A Thai Lottery Ticket ?

Avante

As stated, the price is Bt40 x 2 so Bt80. It is my understanding that the sellers make a few baht as they buy it at a discounted price but I have long thought that there is a series of middle men who take the lion's share and whereas I could once buy them for Bt80/85/90, they often want over Bt100 and I suspect that the retailers themselves are paying over Bt80.

As to tax, well there is tax at 5% as there is on all prizes in Thailand. I understand you can just take it to the bank. Now what I would ever do if I won the jackpot and had the correct series ticket to claim the jackpot prize, say perhaps Bt50,000,000 or so, I do not know. I speculate that somehow there would be a reason why a westerner could not win or I would get a visit. Giving it to the missus would seem logical and illogical at the same time :)

As to tax, well there is tax at 5% as there is on all prizes in Thailand. I understand you can just take it to the bank. Now what I would ever do if I won the jackpot and had the correct series ticket to claim the jackpot prize, say perhaps Bt50,000,000 or so, I do not know. I speculate that somehow there would be a reason why a westerner could not win or I would get a visit. Giving it to the missus would seem logical and illogical at the same time :)

Contrary to my earlier comment, there is a tax on winnings, but it is 0.5% not 5%. Prizes of less than 20,000bt can be paid out by local agents, but they usually deduct an extra 2-3% from winnings in addition to tax.