Drinks/catch Up

mcyachty

Hi there,

I am new here, and keen to meet those of you here that have helped me so far with my various questions.

If anyone is keen, I would like to propose drinks night for around the 12th February. I am happy to have it here at Ocean Marina, in the Sailors Bar, or somewhere else close to town if it is too far away. If here, I will need to know very rough numbers so staff can be sorted.

I look forward to some suggestions.

Happy Aussie Day!

Hi mcyachty

Good idea but bad week - that is the start of Burapha Bike Week(end). You wouldn't even plan to get married that weekend as most of your guests would be out at the Bike show! It is the biggest bike show in Thailand and a great weekend!

Now you should get replies from people that don't go to Bike Shows!!!!

Happy Australia Day

aussiechick

good idea getting the thaivisa night-outs revived! Getting people from outside of town into the sailors bar, even better!

If it is the biker weekend, well....bad timing so maybe we should try the weekend after?

>>I am happy to have it here at Ocean Marina, in the Sailors Bar, <<

Is that bar gay friendly ? ( i know most sailors are bent ) as i would like to bring my big busted LB friend . :)

I reckon in Pattaya and surrounding areas no one would raise an eyebrow!

Aussiechick,

Thank you for pointing out it conflicts with the bike week. My nickname that I chose, mcyachty, is a combination of my 2 passions. One is riding motorcycles, and the other is sailing. So I feel compelled to suggest we agree with a date change.

As for Thaifan2, I would be very surprised if bringing your friend/partner is a problem. I feel we should accept everyone.

How about we move to the week following. Thursday 18th February. 6.30pm. Sailors Bar. Ocean Marina Yacht Club.

Great idea. Would love to go also. I am a former boat owner. Have you contacted the Blue Water Sailing group yet? Had a meeting last week or so and are trying to setup some local charters...we could use all the help we can get! Last charter was to the islands off Koh Chang. I could not make it, but those who did had a great time.

Craig

>>I am happy to have it here at Ocean Marina, in the Sailors Bar, <<

Is that bar gay friendly ? ( i know most sailors are bent ) as i would like to bring my big busted LB friend . :)

I reckon in Pattaya and surrounding areas no one would raise an eyebrow!

Judging by the sounds of this LB, maybe eyebrows aint the thingamabob being raised here. Just a thought.

Ok,

Unless someone wants to sponsor the night, drinks are not free. In saying this, nothing is free in life!

Checked with the bar, there is no Strongbow or Guinness. If there are sufficient numbers that wish to drink this, then please let me know, and I can ask them to buy it in.

Cheers, see you all next month!

Aussiechick,

Thank you for pointing out it conflicts with the bike week. My nickname that I chose, mcyachty, is a combination of my 2 passions. One is riding motorcycles, and the other is sailing. So I feel compelled to suggest we agree with a date change.

As for Thaifan2, I would be very surprised if bringing your friend/partner is a problem. I feel we should accept everyone.

How about we move to the week following. Thursday 18th February. 6.30pm. Sailors Bar. Ocean Marina Yacht Club.

The change also works better for me as I arrive on the 12th. Can I have directions to the Ocean Marina Yacht Club. thanks

LilBob

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Sorry for being a bit quiet. A fair bit on here, and have been really busy. I was thinking I need to post a message here reminding the drinks, but Rimmer and Spoonman beat me to it.

Friday the 19th is a good sugestion, and might be the better night, as there are a fair few of the local business guys here drinking.

So, whos up for this Friday?

There are road markers with KM on them. It's at road maker marked with 157 (which actually is 157 km from Bangkok, where the road starts!).

I reckon it's about 10 to 15 km from central Pattaya.

You cannot miss it, keep driving towards Sattahip. First on your right hand side you'll pass a massive big hotel called Ambassador City. Keep driving a little more and on your right side you will see a small light tower. That's Ocean marina.

Enter, you'll get one of those parking cards from the guards, drive all the way to the back where you see the big condo, and park in the multi level parking lot.

naaaaa.....I was scheduled for Thursday. Have some other commitment on Friday that I cannot move around.

As it won't be a wild night but rather meet and greet, can we move it back to Thursday? Come on, Mr. Spoonman, a weekday never stopped you from tapping some barrels...