Mexican Food In Thailand: Reviews And Photographs

Tejas

I think this might be a useful topic for owners of Mexican restaurants in Thailand, customers, and entreprenuers thinking about starting a Mexican restaurant or Taqueria in Thailand.

I would like to see reviews along with pictures (especially pictures) of the food being served at various places.

Images of the restaurant would also be nice to include (with permission of owners) along with positive suggestions (cordially presented) to the owners.

I would also like to see a free discussion w/ input from owners.

Owners should be free to express their views and talk about their restaurant.

Customers should be free to express their views about ALL Mexican restaurants in Thailand.

This topic is not about which restaurant is #1 or worst or best.

It is simply an overview of the restaurants w/pictures and comments.

In the end, we might get better Mexican food on the plate.

I am going to stay out of the discussion entirely.

Looking forward to our La Monita review coming up this week ... will post you all soon. !! ( read all the posts and most seem happy enough )

Also, our Los Cabos should be included in that post.

We have eaten at every Mexican restaurant in Bangkok.

Senor Pico - Good food overall but this is a bit expensive & caters for more upmarket dining.

Tacos & Salsa - Not to bad although we found the beef & food generally is quite bland although it may be alot better now from what I have heard.

Sunrise - This reminds me of what we called ' Taco Bell ' ' cafeteria' type food. :D our team didn't enjoy this.

Coyotee's - Atmosphere great , looks and feels like a good restaurant. Food is quite tasty ..the beef is good.

Charlie Browns - I'm not sure where car number plates on the wall fit into mexican food. But I remember when this place first opened we went many times as there Nachos were so huge !! shredded beef . good cheese & sour cream ( thick ).

There have also been others we travelled to that have come and gone !

there use to be one over in Silom years ago named ' fiesta ' or similar that was quite good. Also one down the back of soi 23 called Maria .

Good Mexican food -

Fresh corn chips

Shredded beef

Thick sour cream

Tasty Salsa

Include taquitos in the menu

Authentic tacos - using lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, salsa, beef or chicken

Hot Jalepinoes

Also offer Tabasco sauce or similar

A reasonably good quality cheese always fresh and spreads well.

Corona of course.

Atmosphere plays a big part in where our group eat & if the surroundings compliment the type of food then thats a big plus.

Cheers, :)

Why should owners be allowed to talk about their restaurant unless they are a sponsor? Can I get a friend to open a thread about my line of business so I can post in there and get free advertising?

To respond to feedback, queries and complaints. It's really not free advertising. I welcome having the restaurant owners participate in our discussions. The idea is to share ideas and maybe improve the quality of Mexican food being offered by restaurants in Thailand. We're very lucky that three new Mexican restauranteurs have risked capital and time to enter a difficult business.

This forum has been beneficial to their customers and improved the variety and quality of Mexican food available from restaurants in Thailand. I wish that some of the principals of the more established restaurants visited the board. I believe we have three who do, and one is a sponsor. I don't think any of the owners have done more than give information about their restaurants, seek new ideas, and respond to criticisms.

If you have nothing to contribute that relates to Mexican food and restaurants in Thailand, why don't you butt out? And as far as your friend opening a thread about your line of business, I couldn't care less. I doubt many board members would have an interest in your business.

The great Mexican food debate rages on.