Looking For Apartment

Yunnie

I'm going to Chiangmai in like a week and a half or so to go to Payap University.

I dont really know the area well so all my attempts at finding an apartment hasnt been good.

I'm looking for a few things.

1 - An Decent, inexpensive, CLEAN apartment, with air con NEAR the Payap University - Mae Khao Campus. from the map its a bit out of the center of the city. But I dont know if its still considered in the city or outside.

I dont care too much about it being furnished completely - Just as long as theres a nice clean bed and desk/table with a chair.

I'm Pretty much looking for something in walking distance or even biking distance (if its safe to bike).

I am also willing to look for a shared house or rent a room from someone's house, but ONLY if there is decent internet service available or i'm able to get internet.

But I MUST have my own room. - This is why I dont want to stay at Payap's dorm. I prefer not to have a roommate. Housemates are fine though.

2 - If I rent an apartment, what internet providers are good? And anyone know the current prices and the different types?

3 - What mobile phone providers are good. I need to get a Thai Phone that I can use to call Laos and would it be expensive to call Laos from a Thai mobile phone?

4 - What do people normally pay in utilities? From Low end to moderate usage.

5 - Where can I get a bike?

These are pretty much all the questions I have for now...

Thanks.

Edited by Yunnie

Hillside 7, 8, 9 at front of Payap...

3-5,000- baht a month.. all facilites available..inet, phone etc,, clean and easy access..

utilities for 1 person maybe 1000- 1200- permonth..

mobiles can be got for 900 baht and prepaid cards at any amount up to you.. use 12-call by AIS has best coverage,,

good luck..

Another question to someone who lives in Chiang Mai.

Is Payap on a Hill? I was looking at an apartment near the rail station and its less then two miles (2km) from Payap's Main campus. I could possible walk there but what is the traffic/ condition like there? If its up a hill... its going to be a long walk lol.

@clinique Where are you finding the apartments from 3 - 5000 B? Online or there in Chiang Mai? The ones I keep running across is about 6000. :)