Farang Dead After Playing With Fire Extinguisher

george

Why is it that some individuals travel to other lands and behave in a manner they would never do at home?

Death is an extreme punishment, however if you are ready to be an idiot you have to be ready to go like one as well.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it that some individuals travel to other lands and behave in a manner they would never do at home?

Death is an extreme punishment, however if you are ready to be an idiot you have to be ready to go like one as well.

There might be some truth in your post...

There will always be the wisearses cracking funnys about lives being lost, acting like hard men.

Think about this next time. What if it was your brother, son or best friend. Would you tolerate anyone mocking his memory???

My condolences to this guys family.

Your post medicinebox has probably the nicest sentiment I’ve read in this entire thread and succinctly tells the true story here.

I read from The New Zealand Herald that Ian James Corin was buried yesterday afternoon in the town of Te Awamutu, which is approximately 30kms south of Hamilton on the North Island of New Zealand.

Ian, who used to be a Leading Aircraftsman with the Royal New Zealand Air Force, is survived by his parents Allan and Margaret and I’ve taken the liberty of prefacing three excerpts that were written to share with this forum:

Ian James. (LAC A1001742; ex-RNZAF). Suddenly on 2 May 2005. Very dearly loved younger son of Allan and Margaret Corin. Loved brother of Kirsten and Ross Milne, and Bruce. Dearly loved grandson of Alf and Elizabeth, much loved nephew of Rob and Gloria, Neil and Lorna, Chris, and Marion and Wayne. Loved uncle of Mia, Isaac, Jamila, and Rain. Dear cousin of Robyn, Janet and Brenda, Mark and Danelle, Russell and Paula, Joanne, Hayley and Jenny, and Sharon, Julia, Helen and Claire. Sadly missed. "We love you, God bless you our darling son." A funeral service for Ian will be held at St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church, Mutu Street, Te Awamutu on Monday May 9th at 1:00pm followed by burial at the Te Awamutu RSA Cemetery. All communications to 522 Park Road, Te Awamutu. Te Awamutu Funeral Services Ltd.

I echo your condolences and offer my sincere commiserations to all of Ian’s family and friends at this very sad time. May he rest in peace.

There will always be the wisearses cracking funnys about lives being lost, acting like hard men.

Think about this next time. What if it was your brother, son or best friend. Would you tolerate anyone mocking his memory???

My condolences to this guys family.

Your post medicinebox has probably the nicest sentiment I’ve read in this entire thread and succinctly tells the true story here.

I read from The New Zealand Herald that Ian James Corin was buried yesterday afternoon in the town of Te Awamutu, which is approximately 30kms south of Hamilton on the North Island of New Zealand.

Ian, who used to be a Leading Aircraftsman with the Royal New Zealand Air Force, is survived by his parents Allan and Margaret and I’ve taken the liberty of prefacing three excerpts that were written to share with this forum:

Ian James. (LAC A1001742; ex-RNZAF). Suddenly on 2 May 2005. Very dearly loved younger son of Allan and Margaret Corin. Loved brother of Kirsten and Ross Milne, and Bruce. Dearly loved grandson of Alf and Elizabeth, much loved nephew of Rob and Gloria, Neil and Lorna, Chris, and Marion and Wayne. Loved uncle of Mia, Isaac, Jamila, and Rain. Dear cousin of Robyn, Janet and Brenda, Mark and Danelle, Russell and Paula, Joanne, Hayley and Jenny, and Sharon, Julia, Helen and Claire. Sadly missed. "We love you, God bless you our darling son." A funeral service for Ian will be held at St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church, Mutu Street, Te Awamutu on Monday May 9th at 1:00pm followed by burial at the Te Awamutu RSA Cemetery. All communications to 522 Park Road, Te Awamutu. Te Awamutu Funeral Services Ltd.

I echo your condolences and offer my sincere commiserations to all of Ian’s family and friends at this very sad time. May he rest in peace.

I feel a tear welling..................why did he die?

oh that's right he was being an idiot!

As a previos poster noted "what if the guesthouse burned down and people's lives were lost?"

Would you still post the funeral notices? :o

Leaving aside, depending on your viewpoint, the Darwinian or tragic nature of the events, the bit I found surprising was:

"They went out partying together and returned to their room around 9pm."

Given that they only checked in that evening it doesn't seem like much partying or enough to get so piddled as to then kill yourself with a fire extinguisher.

As a previos poster noted "what if the guesthouse burned down and people's lives were lost?"

You're absolutely right poolcleaner. I am so glad that I have at last got to know of someone who has never made a stupid mistake before. I can tell you that I've certainly made my fair share. I guess I've just been lucky so far.

Don't know who originally said this but it seems appropriate "If if and ands were pots and pans, there'd be no need for tinker's hands."

In another newspaper, I just came across a funeral notice for this guy who was killed while DUI. It reads like tear-jerker novel, as well.

Now, I should cut-n-paste that notice here...or should I post the one of the 12 year old child he ran over? :o

I only had to read the title to know that I would see the words Kao San Road in the article, and sure enough I do. :o

Although I am not without sympathy for the dead reveller and have done many a daft thing myself when shitfaced, it is this type of behaviour that fuells the Banglumpoo area Thai's dislike and complete contempt of farangs and also the reason that it seems to be the only area in Bangkok you can't buy booze from 7-Eleven after midnight.

You're absolutely right poolcleaner. I am so glad that I have at last got to know of someone who has never made a stupid mistake before. I can tell you that I've certainly made my fair share. I guess I've just been lucky so far.

Don't know who originally said this but it seems appropriate "If if and ands were pots and pans, there'd be no need for tinker's hands."

Sorry dude but if that seems appropriate to you than you've had a few to many nights on the crack for me........

Anyway I'll keep you in mind and if/when you make a fatal stupid mistake I'll be sure to post your funeral notice here as well! :D

watch out for extinguishers............ :D