Hotels Wit Inter-net Access

gymboy33

hi,

going on a trip with gf..

at the end of feb

first time up this way..

looking for accomadation in the centre of town around 1000 baht a day for 7 nights

hopefully with inter-net access..

am i dreaming?? lol

any help.. greatly appreciated

laters gymboy

internet access in the room or in the lobby for 1,000 baht room rate?

why don't you check out this site for hotels, you'll be able to view the rates as well as the facilities of the given hotels.

Asiatravel.com tab Thailand, subtab Bangkok

Do you have transport? If so, I can recommend a little spot in the countryside, 18km south of town, that has free wi-fi. Rates are 3000 per week for a nice bedsitter in a garden setting.

I just PM'd JohnSkliros about this accommodation and it certainly good value, set on the Khun Korn waterfall road in one of the most picturesque parts of the province.

Is it a secret or can you share.

Sorry, dindong, how remiss of me.

I quote from the PM sent to me...

The name of the establishment is Season Resort (Season Nam Korn), situated about 1km down the 1208 road leading to the Khun Korn waterfall.

finally gone for the phowadol resort and spa,, by the river brand new place 12450 for 7 nights end of feb/beginning of march

some/most places got wi-fi and and some inter net stations....

next questions ,,is there many 1 bedroom condos in chiang mai for ya long stay?? with inter-net already in (hard wire)

or would this be something you have to arrange yourself wit a inter-net providor??

or is it true from what ive briefly read you only get studios in chiang rai????

maybe i should start a new thread lol

• 1 month later...

The name of the establishment is Season Resort (Season Nam Korn), situated about 1km down the 1208 road leading to the Khun Korn waterfall.

OK, read this post and had a look, when I did my visa run on 2th of march.

My opinion :DON'T GO THERE! (and don't believe the crap they write on ThaiVisa!) :D

I arrived there at around 19:30. It was pitch black, no lights, no-one around.

Nearly drove the car in one of the round abouts. :)

Business must be real slow that they can't afford illumination. :D

When I managed to find the exit again , with extra mosquitos in the car cause I had to open

the windows (window film make it even more black!), one young unfriendly guy and a couple

of nice dogs appeared . :D

If this is the most "picturesque part of the province" I feel sorry for Chiang Rai. :D

Yes I know this is the dry and ugly season, just came back from ugly CR "beach" earlier that evening.

By the way, the nicest parts of CR are the mountains North West of the province.

Well that's another 1 or 2 liter diesel wasted and tyres worn on the bad concrete roads of CR.

( If you like bad roads with potholes and broken up concrete, take all the roads east of the 1 to the border with Laos and Nan)

Just my 3 cents...

That CR beach thing gets them every time, doesn't it? But it makes my day each time I read about it.

While looking for de 1211 which leads to the 1208 , missed the left turn and ended up at the

CR "beach" and park. I wasn't expecting a real beach! But even near the river , nothing is green. CR is like a desert full of dry grass this time of year ( or burned fields ! )

The North Hotel is in the center of town...directly behind the Night Bazaar, is 1,000 baht a night or less and has internet access.

I stayed there twice in the past several months before moving to CR, and it was not bad.

http://www.thenorth.co.th/

Another place I stayed and liked was The Orchids Guest House off Jet Yod. It is less expensive, clean and comfortable, and also has internet.

http://www.orchidsguesthouse.com/contactus.php

• 2 weeks later...

I have a guesthouse in Ban Phe opposite koh Samet island. we have free wifi. our room rates for aircon are 750 baht per night if your interested. 2 hour drive east of Bangkok

our web address is www bedrockguesthousebargrill com or google our name. You can do some day trips to the island or hire one of our motor bikes and go for a drive.

anyway just a suggestion.

Mark (aussie)