Car Driver In Bangkok For 2 Days?

aphcoinc

We'll be on a cruise arriving in Bangkok (Klong Toey) on Tuesday February 23 at 2:00PM. We'll need a driver from 2:30PM that day until 11:PM. On Wednesday we need the driver from 7:00 AM to 1:00PM. It's our first time in Bangkok(my wife and I) and we are trying to see a maximum of sites. How much should we pay? Do you have a company your recommend?

Thank you for your help.

I have a couple drivers who I regularly use on weekends to go on day trips outside of Bangkok. For an 10-12 hour day of driving me around, they usually ask for about 2000-2200 baht, but that includes the gas for a what is usually at least a 2 hour trip each way. I would expect to pay quite a bit less when staying within Bangkok. There may be some exceptions, but in general I have found the taxi/"limo" (ha!) companies to be much more expensive than just negotiating a deal with a regular taxi driver. However, if you just ask some random driver on the street, you probably won't get as good of a deal as you would if you could pre-arrange with a driver. Unfortunately, the drivers I use are usually busy during the week, but hopefully someone else can give you a recommendation.