Making Your Own Food At Home

kikoman

Just wanted to share my experience of making my own food at home!

Just this last Week, I made Bacon, Ham, Sausage and pickles.

These are fresh stuffed Polish sausage, just need to cook. They were easier to make than ham!

post-91962-1264566661_thumb.jpg

These are cukes from our garden, I made Pickles also made with home grown dill , Garlic and chile

post-91962-1264566759_thumb.jpgpost-91962-1264566889_thumb.jpg

These are my Bacon and Ham, I made 3 days ago. The bacon I smoked the ham ,I did not smoke, I have 2 hams curing in the fridge now. Those I will cold smoke.

post-91962-1264566972_thumb.jpgpost-91962-1264567024_thumb.jpg

Sorry the quality of the pictures of the Ham & Bacon are not to clear!

Making your own food is easy, economical, safer food and fun. Try it you will like it.

You can find the recipes on the Internet.

Cheers: :)

I just made some bacon in the last few days and I will be doing some beef sausages very soon.

I like the look of the Polish sausage and I want to try to make ham but my main problem is that I will be the only one to eat most of it so either I make the stuff and freeze it in small quantities for easy re-use :D or I pig out and I am fat enough already. :):D

That was my plan also, I watch very close the amount of food I eat, I was going to freeze the ham, bacon and now the sausage. But my wife and daughters like the food very much and my neighbors want to try some out , so I am making more.

I would encourage you to do your plan "A", make it and freeze it in small amounts.

Good Luck, and Good Cooking.

:) Cheers: :D

Hi Kikoman

I just planted some Cucumbers a few day's ago .... & green bean's & pea's .... how long did it take for your cuk's to grow from seed, to the pickle jar??

How about some Pickled Polish Sausages with Garlic & Chillies???

S.J.C

Edited by SlackJawChef

Wow kikkoman, the food looks great.

Would you be able to describe how you created these culinary delights please?

Is it difficult to do and what resources do you need?

One of the best resources is the next poster, SlackJawChef, He is planning on opening a web site soon, also ChefHeat is another poster that is a great resource.

Found out all I needed to know from them, and Search, on the internet, Recipes and how to build an inexpensive smoker etc.

Try it it is fun and saves a lot of money!

Good Luck!

Hi Kikkoman

I just planted some Cucumbers a few day's ago .... & green bean's & pea's .... how long did it take for your cuk's to grow from seed, to the pickle jar??

How about some Pickled Polish Sausages with Garlic & Chillies???

S.J.C

Hi SlackJaw Chef.

My wife estimates that it took 45 days, from planting the seeds to the pickle jar, I made refrigerator Dill pickles.

Something strange happened to the Cucumbers growing in that 45 days, we have alway planted the small Thai Cucumber variety , this year for some reason it grew some very big Cukes, some about 12" long, do not know why ?

When you make pickles it is always suggested to cut off the blossom ends, but on the big cukes the green area at the top for some reason the outer dark green skin is very bitter tasting, so when I made my pickles,

I cut them off to fit in to the jars, my wife peel them and they had a very good taste, without the outer skin.

PM me your recipe for the pickled Polish sausage, and I will try them.

When is your web site going to be up and running?