British Embassy Letter

Another thread contains discussion about some local Immigration Offices requiring US Embassy Certification of Income Letters translated into Thai, and the translation verified by the Consular Affairs Office before application for visa extension (retirement) could be done.

My question:

Does anybody have first hand experience of translation and verification being required for Income Verification Letters from the British Embassy?

As I will shortly apply for my 'Income Letter' I'd like to know what members' latest experiences are, so I don't face either an unecessary repeat visit to my Immigration Office, or an unecessary translation and Consular Affairs visit! (My local office will be Nakhon Pathom).

Everytime I've had my "Proof of Income" letter from the UK Embassy translated into Thai and verified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs at Chaeng Wattana.

This was a requirement with every Immigration I've used, Nong Khai, Chiang Khan and I will do the same in March for submittal at Udon Thani.

I've submitted 2 proof of income letters obtained from the British Embassy with my application for an extension of stay, at Mukdahan and again last month at the new office in Amnat and I was never asked to provide a Thai translation.

This is probably because the applications are sent to Khorat and they have credible English readers?

Nongkhai demands translation and verification. This has nothing to do with their knowledge of English (which is good) since Nongkhai is a main border city and lots of English speaking people pass the border here. It has to do with fraud. But why not ask them ?

I renewed my extension at the Nakon Pathom office in December using the original letter from the British Embassy to confirm income. No translation needed.

If the officer hadn't used the wrong year on her date stamp (well it was December) it would have taken no more than ten minutes to process.