Zyxel 630-11 Usb Modem & Ji-net

redwood13

Problem connecting up my new Ji-net ADSL account. I'm using a Zyxel 630-11 USB modem with XP Pro on my desktop PC. Per the instructions on the Zyxel website and the Ji-Net site, the Windows Hardware Wizard is not used. As expected after plugging the ADSL line into the modem I get a "Found new hardware" message balloon. I then cancel the Add New Hardware Wizard.

But at this point I get a message balloon stating, "A problem occured during new hardware installation. Your new hardware might not work properly."

No kidding :D

I continue with the custom install per the instructions.

The remainder of the installation seems to go ok, that is there are no further messages or problems, except after I reboot to complete the process, I get a plain white window with the message, "Processing is going on." And then nothing, i.e. on closing the window I get a window labeled "End Program RasXP.exe" with the message, "This program is not responding".

Note that 2 months ago I used this same PC, same modem and same ISP at my previous house without any problems. Of course a few of you may remember my query awhile back re my PC turning itself on when I turned on the bathroom light in the new place, but I'm not yet ready to accept ghosts theories. And anyway the candles in the bathroom are rather romantic :o

This is the J-net Startup guide - in Thai only:

http://tinyurl.com/8k8gs

ftp://ftp.zyxel.com/p630series/document/p...kStartGuide.pdf

-redwood

True uses the same modem. But it comes with a CD which does the installation without any problems.

Try to get the True program (or driver). I think you can download it from their website.

I believe Ji-Net uses the True Network ....