How Do Small Private Universities Market Themselves?

How do universities usually market themselves to bring in new students? I assume that the large unis rely on their name and prestige but what about the smaller private universities? I know that education fairs are one method but they are only held every so often. I have seen billboards around Bangkok and also on the skytrain but I assume this would be rather expensive, so what other options are there?

Help everyone out a little? What subjects does the university specialize in?

It wouldn't happen to be Webster University, would it? Just guessing, nothing more.

Where is the school located?

Is it an English or a Thai language based school?

• 4 months later...

I think many smaller private universities tend to rely on education fairs, of which there are a fair few. Their website must be working and thorough, obviously, and the uni should either visit local schools, or invite school groups to them. Probably the most cost effective way to market an undergraduate program in Thailand would be to invite prospective students who age between 17-18 years old to visit, give them a tour and then give out promotional material to generate interest. Most universities should have a council or board of directors/ advisors and members of these management structures are usually well-connected Thais who can advise on marketing. For example, they might offer scholarships to children of influencial people, which might boost recruitment from some sectors. I think this is the way most marketing is done; the members of the council will have friends/family/colleagues who are on school boards somewhere and they'll market the uni through that channel somehow.

I doubt billboards or mailshots are cost-effective, although they could be if done locally to attract students who wanted to continue to live at home and commute.

It depends what the uni offers; if it wants foreign students then sending a rep to an education fair outside Thailand would be costly but essential, I would have assumed. A high-quality website is a prerequisite, but I doubt that any foreigner would apply before either visiting or meeting a rep, nor would a Thai. Adverts at the airport might be beneficial.

Another area; if the university is affliliated and/or accredited by an international organization then that helps attract customers.

There is a locally published Education Handbook, by FTC which lists International and Bilingual Schools in Thailand, in English and Thai, for expatriate and Thai parents. In the back it does list Private Higher Education Institutions with details of the degrees offers. The schools and unis listed probably had to pay to be listed in the book, but I don't know.