Thunderbird 3.0

dominique355

As soon as I got the news that Thunderbird Ver. 3.0 is available, I downloaded and installed it.

But this seems to confirm the basic computer rule to never use an x.0 version. I experience a lot of annoying problems and delays such as:

- constant "reindexing", which takes for ever and freezes the whole program, even 1 months after installing it

- some really strange messages like "Downloading 34 from 7", during which again the whole program is frozen

- or just plain no reaction to any click or command, no explanations given

Did someone else experience these problems too, or is this specific to my set-up?

I use Thunderbird both on my MacBook Pro and on my ACER Desktop with Vista. I use my own domain with an IMAP set-up.

I'm running it on both our office desktop and my private netbook and haven't had any problems whatsoever. Some add-ons don't work under 3.0 but I can live with that (now that I have found all the dictionaries again).

Edited by TerraPosse

In options/preferences, advanced, and the first general tab, uncheck Enable Global Search and Indexer.

Have you updated to version 3.0.1 yet?

edit, go to the advanced settings first, then the general tab

Edited by higgy88

I will continue to suite the Mozilla Suite "Mozilla-Win32-1.7.13" because Firefox is not linked to Thunderbird and a lot of the data I collect are websites which I open in Mozilla browser and send to my Mozilla mail client without any problem.

Now with Firefox I only send the link (URL) and after some time the website itself changes or disappears so that the information is not more to be found.

This Mozilla Suite serves me well since 10 years and I do not see what the alternatives do better.

Comments are welcome.