Importing Shoes From China To Sell In Thailand

I'm looking at bringing in children's shoes from China to sell here in Thailand.

I'm trying to find the import tax rate for shoes but can't seem to find where to go on the internet.

Could somebody point me in the right direction?

The plan is to set up a company here and source the shoes (made by an old friend in China) and wholesale them to various outlets in Thailand. Actually the company would be set up by my wife (Thai) and completely run by her.

i have been in this business

it is very competitive to be sure, but lots of people wear shoes - though fewer than at home :)

good luck - very difficult to make a go against the established players but new ones do make it often enough

There are no fixed rate per se, there so many Thai destination freight service companies in Guangzhou, they will serve you at a flat rate of 50-70 baht a kilo, door delivery.Pm me if you need those. The goods are delivered in a week or so. Payment on delivery too.

I realize it's a very competitive market. The shoes have some unique features to them. Don't expect to make any money on it. It is a way for my wife to get started on a business and grow it from there.

I really need to find a way to determine import tax rates. Taxing of shoes from China is probably 10 or 15% but I need to confirm this. Also I want to check some other products rates.

I realize it's a very competitive market. The shoes have some unique features to them. Don't expect to make any money on it. It is a way for my wife to get started on a business and grow it from there.

I really need to find a way to determine import tax rates. Taxing of shoes from China is probably 10 or 15% but I need to confirm this. Also I want to check some other products rates.

TIP:

normally I would promote China but in this case:

focus on Vietnam and forget China. Vietnam devaluated it's currency already 3 times since 2008 -last time with 5.4% in November 2009- and is cheaper and maybe even better in some fields (shoes) than China:

http://www.alibaba.com/trade/search?Search...ct_en&ssk=y

It's closer by for you as well.

In China you have to come with large quantities (don't know about Vietnam though) unless you know a very good Chinese trader who can do it for you. If you come as an outsider it's pretty difficult.

If I were in your wife's shoes I would opt for a more easy product to sell....shoes have many sizes + colors

Difficult as a starter.

LaoPo

If you get a Form E from your supplier you may import even duty free. Ther ewas a thread about the same issue in the SME forum. Have a look there :)

• 4 weeks later...