How To Find An Appartment..

Sir_Sanuk

Hi,

I am moving to Bangkok in July and am currently trawling through appartment websites trying to find a one bedroom condo with kitchen in the usual Sukhumvit area for about 6000 bht per month. Whilst these websites are nice for daydreaming, most of them are largely useless in the practical sense and the advice I keep getting is to just wait until i am actually in Bangkok and try to find somewhere then...

...BUT what I would like to know is how I should go about doing this? - bearing in mind that I will be based in a hotel with limited internet access.

How did you find your appartment? Does anyone have any good contacts? What are the best newspapers for condo ads? (I've heard that many appartments advertised in the Bangkok Post are overpriced rip-offs run by estate agencies).

Any help much appreciated!

It's a lot of leg work I always find, pick a few areas and walk round them checking in whatever condo blocks you see on the way. It can be a bit of a nightmare when roasting hot, but its often the way to find those bargains, and a one bed condo with a kitchen in Suk for 6000 baht a month would be a bargain to find.

unless anyone here can recommend you some appt. blocks?