Mvi Video Compression

Richb2004v2

I'm trying to add video to facebook and it seems to be doing nothing. I'm thinking it is due to the large file size of 500mb+. Is there any way to compress or make them smaller? I've had a quick unsuccessful search on the net for free software and wonder if anyone knows of anything that will help.

Thanks

Hi,

You can do a Google search for 'Video Compression Software' and you will get literally hundreds of results. The are shareware or free compressors available and for home use, they will be sufficient; although you may find that some of the settings on some of them are a bit complicated. Video quality and file size also may not be great - you get what you pay for.

If you are going to be doing to be doing this regularly or you want a more professional looking video, I recommend buying Quicktime 7 professional which will allow you to compress in various formats including H264 which offers excellent DVD like quality. You can download from Apple.com for 29US. Note, it must be the professional version. The standard quicktime version is free but doesnt allow you to compress files.

One final point: is how did you get the original edited file which is 500MB ? If you used any kind of video editing software, it should have export settings which you can tweak for compression.