Owner Of Lavener Lanna Hotel Found Dead

Sansai Sam

had to go google the hotel, as a conservative christian, it's best I keep my thoughts to myself. never knew such places did exist. Quite discriminatory to serve just a particular lifestyle group.

RIP mate.

Or discriminatory to discriminate about personal choices in the name of an invisible man in the sky?

had to go google the hotel, as a conservative christian, it's best I keep my thoughts to myself. never knew such places did exist. Quite discriminatory to serve just a particular lifestyle group.

RIP mate.

Did you read no further than gay? This is from the web site:"Welcome to the Lavender Lanna Hotel in Chiang Mai, Thailand. We are a specialty budget gay hotel that is welcoming to everyone" WELCOME TO EVERYONE, unlike your bigotry view of religion. I can't belive that you would stoop to post such a comment, disgusting!

My depest condolences to all with connections to Jay

I'm sorry if this is outside the bounds, but does anyone know how his business was doiing?

If the whole hotel/nightclub thing was a spectacular failure and he was expecting the opposite (and he needed mony), that could possibly drive someone to take desperate measures - anyone in the gay community have the scoop on if his business was working?

Edited by Ulysses G.

RIP mate.

Or discriminatory to discriminate about personal choices in the name of an invisible man in the sky?

haha... my first chuckle of the evening.... don't forget the universe is only 6000 years old and earth is at the center of it.

Deep condolences to the family.

I didn't know the man and haven't visited the establishment, but there's much more to a human life than a label.... although if the conservative "christian" commentator has time to spare for such offensive intrusions, it might be worth googling "boorish".

I'm sorry if this is outside the bounds, but does anyone know how his business was doiing?

If the whole hotel/nightclub thing was a spectacular failure and he was expecting the opposite (and he needed mony), that could possibly drive someone to take desperate measures - anyone in the gay community have the scoop on how his business was doing?

UG, I believe you answered your own question - enough said. Within the gay community the status of his various businesses and controversies surrounding them were well know but this isn't the time and the place to discuss it.

And to the "Conservatie Christian"...........................................no, I'm not going to give you the satisfaction. Anyway, thought you were meant to be compasionate people. Please show some respect for the deceased.

RIP Jay. As the saying goes: better to have tried and failed than not to have tried at all. You had your detractors, but you also bought some fun and happiness to many others.

Edited by Paagai

Deep condolences to the family.

I didn't know the man and haven't visited the establishment, but there's much more to a human life than a label.... although if the conservative "christian" commentator has time to spare for such offensive intrusions, it might be worth googling "boorish".

boorish - ill-mannered and coarse and contemptible in behavior or appearance; "was boorish and insensitive"; "the loutish manners of a bully"; "her stupid oafish husband"; "aristocratic contempt for the swinish multitude"

loutish, neanderthal, oafish, swinish, neandertal

unrefined - (used of persons and their behavior) not refined; uncouth; "how can a refined girl be drawn to such an unrefined man?

I am deeply sorry my comments offended a lot of people, that was not my intention. Tongue in cheek gaffe.

God loves everyone equally.

RIP (departed)

It is my understanding from one of the management is that the maid entered his apartment and found him dead in his bed. He had a history of very high blood pressure, and diabetes. He was overweight, which did not help matters anyway. Since the hotel opened, he kept very long hours and was under a lot of stress which goes along with a new business. Apparently the cause of death was a heart attack, and he passed away quickly in his bed.

My condolences to all who knew him.

As a rabidly left wing, un-Christian, atheistic, non-smoking, clean shaven, pork-loving Hebraic sodomite, I say sorry to his friends and family for their loss.

Those qualities are exactly the same as my local priest..... :)

Any loss is a sad loss....John Donne had it right for you humanists ...."No man is an island, entire of itself...any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind"

Unkind comments at the passing reflect on the writer not the departed.

This is a man with parents, friends, and loved ones. My sincere condolences on your sad and unexpected loss.

Always sad when a fellow human dies.

To be honest, and not to be rude, I wasn't surprised when I red the headline. My first thoughts swung right back to all the thuggish behavior surrounding the gay pride parades months earlier. IF there was something shady behind all of this I wouldn't be surprised with any connections to that thuggish behavior.

But in the end a life was lost and that is always sad for those close.

P.S. Ignore that "conservative Christian BS... Obvious troll is Obvious....

Sorry to learn this news about Jay passing. I stayed at the Lavender Lanna two weeks ago and had a couple brief conversations with him during my stay. When I returned home I sent him a thank you message and got a quick reply. Unfortunately, rumors of the cause of death are swirling out of control. The first news I received stated he drank mosquito repellant to commit suicide. I don't know about his health situation. When I met him, he was a little overweight, but not extremely so. I feel sorry for his friends and family and for the hotel employees, too. I met some really nice folk who work in the sauna and gogo club.

RIP.

According to the Thai Press, he/the hotel had loss 10 million THB and they say that he had other hotels in Canada/USA which have apparently lost 30 million THB.

I have heard the expression "In Thailand never invest more than you can walk away from" Seems that it now applies to the US and Canada?

RIP.

According to the Thai Press, he/the hotel had loss 10 million THB and they say that he had other hotels in Canada/USA which have apparently lost 30 million THB.

I have heard the expression "In Thailand never invest more than you can walk away from" Seems that it now applies to the US and Canada?

It seems there has to be more to the story than losing money on a hotel. If people committed suicide over a business failure, there'd be an awful lot more dead business owners out there. And, while losing money, it had only been open a couple months. Can't expect instant success and profit for such a huge business undertaking.