Import Licence Tarrifs

I've noticed that the price of Kloster-Brauerei has gone up at Big-C in my neck of the woods. Is that due to a tax increase?

I'm thinking about beer choices in BKK. The relative cost of imported beers may give a clue to the costs of importing.

Hi guys this is my 1st post

Im currently look at the possbility of importing beer into thailand

Anyone know what:

Customs duty & excise duty is levied on beer

Thanks

G

Also check the Thai FDA regulation for import of food/beverages. Propably big headache...

There is an old thread on the forum, can't remember details, but it had a link to Thai customs & excise web site, which is informative. The search facility here is pretty good.

For luxuries it is about 60%. Whether beer qualifies as a luxury is a good question.

Import taxes are generally high to Thailand, which is why computers, cars, non-thai spirits etc are prohibitively expensive.

Let us know what you find out if u like, I had a similarish idea :o

ace

Easy way to do.

get out the Thai yellow pages.Call at least three customs brokers/freight forwarders.Ask them for quotes and requirements.Another way would be to call a freight company from your own country.Tell them you want a FIS (Free into Store) price for xyz to a location in Thailand etc and get them to breakdown all charges.

You will also need a Customs card.

or, you can PM Axel, he will probably have all the info at his finger tips as he is in the biz. :o

Easy way to do.

get out the Thai yellow pages.Call at least three customs brokers/freight forwarders.Ask them for quotes and requirements.Another way would be to call a freight company from your own country.Tell them you want a FIS (Free into Store) price for xyz  to a location in Thailand etc and get them to breakdown all charges.

or, you can PM Axel, he will probably have all the info at his finger tips as he is in the biz. :o

Thanks for all your replies guys

Im pretty well advanced in getting this sorted and have done most of the paperwork

Ive looked at the thai gov websites they are relatively informative but I cant get the duty rates albeit I know

Import duty for beer is 55%

VAT 7%

Interior tax is 10% of total dudty levied

Excise duty ????? this is the 1 im after

I will pm the guy you mentioned and see if he can help me

thanks again

G

• 5 years later...
Easy way to do.

get out the Thai yellow pages.Call at least three customs brokers/freight forwarders.Ask them for quotes and requirements.Another way would be to call a freight company from your own country.Tell them you want a FIS (Free into Store) price for xyz to a location in Thailand etc and get them to breakdown all charges.

Thanks for all your replies guys

Im pretty well advanced in getting this sorted and have done most of the paperwork

Ive looked at the thai gov websites they are relatively informative but I cant get the duty rates albeit I know

Import duty for beer is 55%

VAT 7%

Interior tax is 10% of total dudty levied

Excise duty ????? this is the 1 im after

I will pm the guy you mentioned and see if he can help me

thanks again

G

This post is quite old - just wondering if you had any success with bringing the beer in. A friend of mine is asking me to look into bringing canadian beer .

thanks