Abba Or The Beegees - Can You Enjoy Both?

trevorg

Personally I like ABBA's music, but I loathed 'Mama Mia'.

Meryl Streep should hang her head in shame. :D

Personally, I didn't recognize any of ABBA's songs until I saw "Mama Mia." Now I'm a fan of both.

Meryl Streep is a heart-throb for all us middle-aged hot males who look like Pierce Brosnan and friends. :)

Edited by toptuan

Yes, I enjoy very much both of them. Abba was the giants of the 70:s and Beegess of the 70+80:es.

Great music from both groups. And they were also the first groups that presented LP.s were ALL their songs on the LP were good.

Before that, very often, a group sold a LP and maybe 2-3 of 13 songs were good and the rest was shit.

But thanks to Abba and Beegess we were able to get full satisfaction of the LP.s. I am not mentioning the Beatles who were the very first overall to have extremely good LP.s with no shitsongs.

This is my taste.

Glegolo

Edited by glegolo

Yes, I enjoy very much both of them. Abba was the giants of the 70:s and Beegess of the 70+80:es.

Great music from both groups. And they were also the first groups that presented LP.s were ALL their songs on the LP were good.

Before that, very often, a group sold a LP and maybe 2-3 of 13 songs were good and the rest was shit.

But thanks to Abba and Beegess we were able to get full satisfaction of the LP.s. I am not mentioning the Beatles who were the very first overall to have extremely good LP.s with no shitsongs.

This is my taste.

Glegolo

The Stones were not bad either. whistling.gif

Queen compared to the Beatles and Stones? :)

They were technically very accomplished but certainly not legendary.

I've got a recent Jerry Lee Lewis concert on DVD with Brian May on guitar, stunning performance.

I just found out that May has a PhD in Astrophysics... :D