What No Rugby Forum!

Scotland kick it deep to clear their lines ater winning a lineout, and Fiji run it straight back to score under the posts with some great sevens play, turning the Scottish defence; Scotland's next attack ends with a penalty - Fiji 25 - 30 Scotland; more Fiji pressure is turned when the ball squirts out the side of the ruck - kick through, off a Fijian into touch, a high kick allowed to bounce in the sunlight, Visser picks it out of the air and puts it down under the posts, and collects an inadvertent boot to the head as he regains his feet

Fiji 25 - 37 Scotland

Again Fiji break from their own 22, with wild passes all going to hand, but this time Scotland have the cover to keep the tackles coming in, and the ball is lost forward to give Scotland a scrum in the middle of their own 22.

And that's it for full time; Scotland looked professional going forward with superiority in the pack and efficiently spinning the ball wide to Evans and Visser, but couldn't cope with the flying Fijian attack which always seemed to be able to find a gap

A completely differrent game in completely different conditions from last week

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 All with five minutes to go, All Blacks playing with 14 men.

This is a diffierent game from last week as well....

SC

But its the all-blacks on the attack in hte middle of the Ireland 22.. as the clock clicks down...

Carter kicks with his right foot wide of the post

Nigel Owens says it was touched in flight and its an all-black scrum about ten metres out...

and Dan Carter makes no mistake this time... 22-19

but Ireland will kick off ... and its hoofed clear of the park so after a dramatic last ten minutes its NZ 22 - 19 Ireland, and the excitement is too much for the video feed, which drops out as the ball sails over the touch line...

Edited by StreetCowboy

Can anyone confirm if the Scotland Samoa game on Saturday morning will be shown on TV?

I couldn't see it on the Astro web site, but I would be surprised if its not shown; and disappointed! Just in case, there's the Catalans superleague game repeated on Eurosport at the same time, I think...

SC

Can anyone confirm if the Scotland Samoa game on Saturday morning will be shown on TV?

I couldn't see it on the Astro web site, but I would be surprised if its not shown; and disappointed! Just in case, there's the Catalans superleague game repeated on Eurosport at the same time, I think...

SC

Sure enough, I had to to watch it on twitter = and what a great game it was...

Scotland scored the first try to take slender lead before half time

Samoa score to take a lead which sees them through to the final minutes, but Harley scores on his debut, and the conversion sees Scotland snatch their third tour victory, this time by a single point

Just watched the replay of last weeks aust wales test, corking game.

Settling in now for the final test, starts in 10 min. Noon, Thai time.

Would not mind the dragons getting their first win in 40 odd years now that we have the series, but...

Nah, screw em, go wallabies

Well, Australia muddled their way to a slim win, for an entertaining series clean sweep, if disappointing for wales.

Next up was the AB v Ireland, and oh..Ireland. What a terrible game after last weeks valiant effort.

• 2 months later...

GOOD OLD QUADE COOPER!

While I was trying to find a thread to post this comment on, the Pumas have scored again with a brilliant break down the touchline (admittedly benefiting from a little poor observancy by the touch judge...)

Quade Cooper really is entertaining, rather than brilliant, and I always enjoy watching him, though I can imagine from time to time he must have Australians throwing their hands up in frustration.

The Pumas are ripping through the Australian defence now, by the way; it's a shame they're (Argentina) not coming to Scotland this autumn

SC

• 1 month later...

I'm currently enjoying the end of the delayed telecast of the Italy Tonga game just now, and I'll be pleased if Scotland can beat both those teams in the course of the next year.

In a distressing turn of events, it turns out I will be able to watch the Scotland New Zealand game on Astro after all.

Luckily, before that, I'm off to the PJ Stadium for the Cobra 10s. Hosts, Combined Old Boys Rugby Association, are through to the Cup, top of their group, as are last year's winners, HSBC Penguins of the UK. You may recall they lost to Rugby Ecosse in the semi-finals of the Singapore Cricket Club Sevens last week

SC

The home team , Cobra (Combined Old Boys Rugby Association) finished runners-up for the second year running at the Cobra 10s, at the Petaling Jaya Stadium. Deveta put out Penguins, last year's Cup holders, in the semi-finals, before going on to comfortably lift the Cup

SC

Well I don't know the last time Scotland scored three tries against a team ranked higher than us... the game was a pleasure to watch, and the best thing for me was that we were not shipping our players off in body bags ahead of next week's game.

We were clearly outclassed, and we knew that since several years ago; luckily, the players played as if no-one had told them.

The Kiwi couple beside me in Sid's were as happy as I was, almost, with Scotland's performance

SC

Well I don't know the last time Scotland scored three tries against a team ranked higher than us... the game was a pleasure to watch, and the best thing for me was that we were not shipping our players off in body bags ahead of next week's game.

We were clearly outclassed, and we knew that since several years ago; luckily, the players played as if no-one had told them.

The Kiwi couple beside me in Sid's were as happy as I was, almost, with Scotland's performance

SC

Yes it was a fine warm up for the main event over the next fortnight! biggrin.png

SC

Yes it was a fine warm up for the main event over the next fortnight! biggrin.png

I thought that we played really well, except for our defence in depth and numbers. I'm cackling with glee and rubbing my hands to boot ahead of next week;s match; particularly since I'll be away down to Cold Storage to stock up on Irn Bru. This evening, as I am sure you can tell, I watched in Sid's, over a skinful of Guinness.....

SC

SC

I thought that we played really well, except for our defence in depth and numbers. I'm cackling with glee and rubbing my hands to boot ahead of next week;s match; particularly since I'll be away down to Cold Storage to stock up on Irn Bru. This evening, as I am sure you can tell, I watched in Sid's, over a skinful of Guinness.....

SC

I watched in Diggers...the pies were fresh....for a change.

A great result for Samoa last night lifts them above Scotland in the World Rankings, subject to the result of tonight's match against the Springboks

Meanwhile England take on Australia, still smarting from a veritable thumping in Paris.

SC

Sad day for the Welsh, too many defeats on the trot. Unhappy with Whore, no need and no class. The best team in rugby should act twith some class, we are uised to it now though. I know that Wales can plat like they did in the second half for 40 minutes, I just don't know if they do. Priestland out Hook in, Phillips out Knoye in, Roberts out Williams in. We can beat the SH sides but we don't believe it yet. By the way Ireland looked brilliant

fancy the Welsh to do one on the Aussies today !

just have to wait and see if my hunch was right !

Close ... but no cigar ... rolleyes.gif

depends on how much money one had on the game and what the handicap mark was. wink.png

god, i love Nathan Sharpe ! biggrin.png

What, no comment on the England v NZ game. I like rugby without being a real afficianado but for me that was the most inspired game (of just about any team) from England since the winning days of the Rugby World Cup campaign.

Fair does, NZ showed for ten minutes, half way through the second half, that if they had taken England seriously from the off it would have been a lot different, but as it was they got caught with their pants down and got a hell of a smacking. Even the cover that came on second half was magnificent.

Anyone with an inkling for sport and of a patriotic English hue - this is required watching. Replay tonight on Setanta at 21:30 (True ch 108 ish) and probably every day for the rest of the week at some time.

Dont look up the final score if you don't know it - you will be amazed.

[smokie - don't looktongue.png ]

What, no comment on the England v NZ game. I like rugby without being a real afficianado but for me that was the most inspired game (of just about any team) from England since the winning days of the Rugby World Cup campaign.

Fair does, NZ showed for ten minutes, half way through the second half, that if they had taken England seriously from the off it would have been a lot different, but as it was they got caught with their pants down and got a hell of a smacking. Even the cover that came on second half was magnificent.

Anyone with an inkling for sport and of a patriotic English hue - this is required watching. Replay tonight on Setanta at 21:30 (True ch 108 ish) and probably every day for the rest of the week at some time.

According to Richie McCaw they did take us seriously from the off but just couldn't get in the game.

Having spent time in NZ and discussed rugby at length wirh the kiwis i can tell you that it was probably more of their arrogant superiority complex that cost them the game. Hey ho!

According to Richie McCaw they did take us seriously from the off but just couldn't get in the game.

Having spent time in NZ and discussed rugby at length wirh the kiwis i can tell you that it was probably more of their arrogant superiority complex that cost them the game. Hey ho!

We could scarcely believe our ears, hearing the score read out at the Dubai Sevens.

Nice to see England bringing some world ranking points North to share with the rest of us in the Six Nations...

SC