Incredible Scene At Samui Immigration

We are at Immigration in Samui for a visa extension, dressed conservatively and being polite, but bored with the waiting. Interview door opens and out staggers a young Brit dressed in shorts, sandals, lots of tatoos , one leg in plaster and supported by crutches. He's shouting and argueing, tries to raise an arm to point to one of the staff and procedes to fall over. We and the rest of the room are not bored any longer. He is calmly told that he must have a top on before they would give him his extension. Off he goes muttering and swearing. We finished our business, but like the majority there decided to hang about for the return of the lunatic. In he hobbles having purchased a truly awful T shirt from God knows where. 20 pairs of eyes are on him as he totters on his crutches, mumbling to himself while his visa is processed. Human nature being what it is, we are all a bit disappointed when the young lady hands him back his passport, with extension and thanks him. But we had not taken into account the sheer stupidity of a certain type of Falang and he did not let us down. Clutching his passport triumphantly, he somehow managed to take off his shirt and actually throw it at the young Officer, saying " I won't be needing this f****ng rag any longer" To a stunned silence off he hobbled. There followed a few minutes of frantic activity behind the counter and then the young girl said, in perfect English to us all: " Ladies and Gentlemen, I apologise to you for that rude man's behaviour and you might like to know that we have cancelled his extension and when he tries to leave Thailand he will be arrested as an overstayer" The room actually burst out in spontaneous applause !!

No moral or point to the story, just thought it was interesting and you might like to hear it. Pete.

We are at Immigration in Samui for a visa extension, dressed conservatively and being polite, but bored with the waiting.  Interview door opens and out staggers a young Brit dressed in shorts, sandals, lots of tatoos , one leg in plaster and supported by crutches.  He's shouting and argueing, tries to raise an arm to point to one of the staff and procedes to fall over.  We and the rest of the room are not bored any longer.  He is calmly told that he must have a top on before they would give him his extension.  Off he goes muttering and swearing.  We finished our business, but like the majority there decided to hang about for the return of the lunatic.  In he hobbles having purchased a truly awful T shirt from God knows where.  20 pairs of eyes are on him as he totters on his crutches, mumbling to himself while his visa is processed.  Human nature being what it is, we are all a bit disappointed when the young lady hands him back his passport, with extension and thanks him.  But we had not taken into account the sheer stupidity of a certain type of Falang and he did not let us down.  Clutching his passport triumphantly, he somehow managed to take off his shirt and actually throw it at the young Officer, saying " I won't be needing this f****ng rag any longer"  To a stunned silence off he hobbled.  There followed a few minutes of frantic activity behind the counter and then the young girl said, in perfect English to us all:  "  Ladies and Gentlemen, I apologise to you for that rude man's behaviour and you might like to know that we have cancelled his extension and when he tries to leave Thailand he will be arrested as an overstayer"  The room actually burst out in spontaneous applause !!

No moral or point to the story, just thought it was interesting and you might like to hear it.  Pete.

Excellent :D

If by any chance the guy is reading this- Som Nam Na you <deleted>. :o

Ladies and Gentlemen, I apologise to you for that rude man's behaviour and you might like to know that we have cancelled his extension and when he tries to leave Thailand he will be arrested as an overstayer"  The room actually burst out in spontaneous applause !!

No moral or point to the story, just thought it was interesting and you might like to hear it.  Pete.

I wonder how they managed to cancel his visa extension without his passport?

Ladies and Gentlemen, I apologise to you for that rude man's behaviour and you might like to know that we have cancelled his extension and when he tries to leave Thailand he will be arrested as an overstayer"  The room actually burst out in spontaneous applause !!

Oh they can :o

Last time I was there, a german guy was in complaining that they should take a imprint of his privates and looking to the room for sympathy, getting none. He then started complaing about how long would he have to wait, the guy in charge was not impressed and suggested that the guy go into Nathon for a snack and come back later when he would be processed, about 4 pm would be a good time. The guy left still complaining about how bad thai service was, and the guy in charge smiled knowing that the office was closed at 4 pm that day. Same day I saw a huge muscle bound guy walk in to get his passport stamped and, deciding to use his thai knowledge, said loudly to the girl 'Sawadee Kaa'. Lots of 'katoey' talk but he didn't get that luckily.

Amazing.Yet again the ThaiVisa posters are model citizens.

May I sugest that shorts,sandals,a broken arm and crutches do not automatically make the tourist in question a <deleted>.Nor does being messed around by pious immigration officials until he reaches breaking point.Who knows the hassles he went through that day??

And to quote

There followed a few minutes of frantic activity behind the counter and then the young girl said, in perfect English to us all: " Ladies and Gentlemen, I apologise to you for that rude man's behaviour and you might like to know that we have cancelled his extension and when he tries to leave Thailand he will be arrested as an overstayer" The room actually burst out in spontaneous applause !!

LOL!!! what a load of arse.

Anyone believing this story needs their heads loking at.When have we ever heard perfect english at immigration??As for canx the extension without the passport.Impossible.

May I sugest that shorts,sandals,a broken arm and crutches do not automatically make the tourist in question a <deleted>.Nor does being messed around by pious immigration officials until he reaches breaking point.Who knows the hassles he went through that day??

And to quote

There followed a few minutes of frantic activity behind the counter and then the young girl said, in perfect English to us all: " Ladies and Gentlemen, I apologise to you for that rude man's behaviour and you might like to know that we have cancelled his extension and when he tries to leave Thailand he will be arrested as an overstayer" The room actually burst out in spontaneous applause !!

Anyone believing this story needs their heads loking at.When have we ever heard perfect english at immigration??As for canx the extension without the passport.Impossible.

Did you read it?
He's shouting and argueing, tries to raise an arm to point to one of the staff and procedes to fall over.  We and the rest of the room are not bored any longer.  He is calmly told that he must have a top on before they would give him his extension.  Off he goes muttering and swearing.  We finished our business, but like the majority there decided to hang about for the return of the lunatic.  In he hobbles having purchased a truly awful T shirt from God knows where.  20 pairs of eyes are on him as he totters on his crutches, mumbling to himself while his visa is processed.  Human nature being what it is, we are all a bit disappointed when the young lady hands him back his passport, with extension and thanks him.  But we had not taken into account the sheer stupidity of a certain type of Falang and he did not let us down.  Clutching his passport triumphantly, he somehow managed to take off his shirt and actually throw it at the young Officer, saying " I won't be needing this f****ng rag any longer" 

I don't care what hassles he's had, you don't walk into an office without a shirt on for starters, and you definatley don't abuse police or immigration officials when your trying to get an extension.

The guy is a <deleted>. :o

Heck all she had to do was put him in the computer system as a hold for questioning or something of the sort and the hot head will be a squacked duck.

I say three cheers for the young lady. Hip, hip...

edit: he's a tw@t extraordinaire .

Edited by aughie

I am surprised that anyone would go into immigration dressed like that.....but I am more surprised that the girl would make a public announcement on somebody elses business.....totally unprofessional and quite unlike most Thai workers I know.

There followed a few minutes of frantic activity behind the counter and then the young girl said, in perfect English to us all:  "  Ladies and Gentlemen, I apologise to you for that rude man's behaviour and you might like to know that we have cancelled his extension and when he tries to leave Thailand he will be arrested as an overstayer"  The room actually burst out in spontaneous applause !!

Nothing but admiration for this young lady.

Pure class and style.

We should (sorry I'm not there now) bring her some flowers in the name of all of us from Thaivisa.com and let her know we appreciate the stylish manner she handled this p"ick!

LaoPo

Regardless of how bad a day he had (possibly) had, and whether the story is true or not. It is believable, and IF the young lady did manage to cancel his extension or flag him for some form of hassle / detention on departure ... good on her.

<deleted> like him make it harder for the rest of us and we should actively support any measures that stop or discourage them from spoiling our adopted home.

:D:D:o:D

There followed a few minutes of frantic activity behind the counter and then the young girl said, in perfect English to us all:  "  Ladies and Gentlemen, I apologise to you for that rude man's behaviour and you might like to know that we have cancelled his extension and when he tries to leave Thailand he will be arrested as an overstayer"  The room actually burst out in spontaneous applause !!

Jackanory, Jackanory, Jackanory:

jackanory1.jpg

Storytelling had been introduced into children’s television from the earliest days of broadcasting when author, lecturer and broadcaster Paul Leysacc read tales from Hans Christian Anderson as part of the series For The Children (1937-39 and 1946-50). Later still, Johnny Morris had his own segment in Playbox, where he appeared as The Hot Chestnut Man, standing by a barrow of roasting chestnuts as he related his own self-penned stories. But by far the most popular and enduring storytelling series of all was the BBC’s wonderful Jackanory, although throughout its history it was not without its critics.

OK, it could be true but...

:o:D:D

jackanory1.jpg

Storytelling had been introduced into children’s television from the earliest days of broadcasting when author, lecturer and broadcaster Paul Leysacc read tales from Hans Christian Anderson as part of the series For The Children (1937-39 and 1946-50). Later still, Johnny Morris had his own segment in Playbox, where he appeared as The Hot Chestnut Man, standing by a barrow of roasting chestnuts as he related his own self-penned stories. But by far the most popular and enduring storytelling series of all was the BBC’s wonderful Jackanory, although throughout its history it was not without its critics.

Sorry, I didn't understand your post, what did that have to do with the topic or Thailand ?

Or are you

The Hot Chestnut Man

Sorry, I didn't understand your post, what did that have to do with the topic or Thailand ?

Or are you

The Hot Chestnut Man

Jackanory = tell us a story.

phil clark is the only one that got it right, its a jack and nory.

first off the immigration couldnt cancel his extenstension after it was stamped and signed unless they arrested him and charged him, this they didnt do.and then they still couldnt cancel his extension even if he was found guilty, and then they still wouldnt cancel his extension as he would have to fly out of the country.

second off ppl wouldnt bother waiting at immigration after getting their stamps to watch some supposedly <deleted> come back with a tshirt.

And to quote

I think he got the right treatment, we see many of this kind around Thailand, and for sure they give the Thai's a wrong impression of Farangs :o

phil clark is the only one that got it right, its a jack and nory.

first off the immigration couldnt cancel his extenstension after it was stamped and signed unless they arrested him and charged him, this they didnt do.and then they still couldnt cancel his extension even if  he was found guilty, and then they still wouldnt cancel his extension as he would have to fly out of the country.

Yes they can actually!

I visited Samui immigration today and find the above story hard to believe. Every time I visit Samui immigration the only people behind the counter are men. The only woman with any authority to be involved in the above story would never be described as a girl, she is the boss!

There's more than one hole in the story. The notion that a Thai official would do something nasty to a farang (like the supposed cancelation of his visa extension) and then publicly announce it to other farang sounds pretty far-fetched - as does the idea that a Thai police official would apologize to a group of farang strangers for the behaviour of another farang stranger.

It's more like someone's fantasy of "good" Thai officials and "good" farang being united against the "bad" farang.