Looking For 3 Weeks Condo/apartment Rent

I am looking for some very temporary stay of 3 weeks (Mid March to Early April) at very reasonable rates. Hotels are either too expensive or less than desirable.

Does anyone have some suggestions where one could get a 3 week stay for 10-15,000 baht which is not a run down and/or in a remote area. I would prefer this place to be in or around Pratunam, Sukhumvit 11-21, or similar. This is for 2 people and would prefer a safer, quiet, no red-light area. Thanks very much.

Edited by filingaccount

Not a chance. Not even further out. 14,000 to 15,000 a month would get you a condo on a minimum 6 months contract with 2 months deposit & 1 month paid in advance. For 3 weeks no one will touch you. All you get for that money / time is a dodgey room near the light district for 800 to 1200 baht a day, not a condo.

The reason I ask for a lower price is because I have slightly less than 1600 baht per night for a centrally located serviced apartment. This is about 33,000 for the duration of the stay and in the worst case scenario I would make this selection. This of course includes proper in-house cleaning, breakfast and concierge services. Not to mention that the transport costs are lower. Even 120-160 baht a day for BTS coming and going for 2 people adds up over 3 weeks.

I appreciate the offer though trogers.

The 33k is over budget, and would love to have a 15k stay.

You can limit cost of travel on the BTS by getting the fequent traveller card - Bt400 for 20 trips within a month, or Bt600 for 30 trips.

The reason I ask for a lower price is because I have slightly less than 1600 baht per night for a centrally located serviced apartment. This is about 33,000 for the duration of the stay and in the worst case scenario I would make this selection. This of course includes proper in-house cleaning, breakfast and concierge services. Not to mention that the transport costs are lower. Even 120-160 baht a day for BTS coming and going for 2 people adds up over 3 weeks.

I appreciate the offer though trogers.

The 33k is over budget, and would love to have a 15k stay.

trogers:

That still makes for 1600 or so Baht for the 3 weeks getting to and from the apartment, which is a one day rent.

What I have noticed is that small hotels and guest houses are very overpriced. Apartment rental over a short time period is a little tough to find in Bangkok strangely enough. It is very popular in Europe with week-to-week rental of apartments. It's cheaper than hotels by far too.

This leaves me with chain hotels and larger serviced apartments. They seem to be very price competitive. Maybe they have the advantage of "economy of scale"?

I now have two options, a centrally located serviced apartment at ~1600 a night or a slightly less central, but quite nearby, at 1100 a night. Both are of Grade-A quality, although getting a bit long in the tooth.

Still would prefer a bit less expensive though.

:)

You can check out SK Mansion which has studios for one month for 8000 baht. There are some add on costs such as paying for electricity and water, but its at a convenient location at a reasonable price. Its located about 250 meters from the BTS station at Thonglo, between soi 38 and 40. The building is about 5 years old, it has wi-fi for another 750 baht per month and is conveniently located to a soi with lots of food stalls (soi 38) especially at night. Make sure you tell them you want a one month rental or they will quote you the daily rate which is 600 baht per day.

You can also check out the Premier Inn, which is located in Suk 20. They have studios for about 17k per month with wifi and cable. You can probably get breakfast thrown in if you ask nicely. They change sheets/towels and clean the rooms every couple of days.

Edited by mauiguy90