Synching Mac With Mobile Not Iphone

triffid

I'd very much like to know if anyone has a programme or idea for a simple and smooth synching of my mac with a non-iphone mobile - iTunes podcasts and address book being my chief concern. I'd to consider a Nokia or an HTC but have those two applications synching.

I use a Nokia E71 and to sync it with my macbook pro I use Missing Sync. Nokia does have a sync facility but its very buggy and even though you have to pay for Missing Sync is does everything perfectly. I use it to sync my calendars, contacts and my to do lists, you can use it for other things though like photos and music etc...

I use a Nokia E71 and to sync it with my macbook pro I use Missing Sync. Nokia does have a sync facility but its very buggy and even though you have to pay for Missing Sync is does everything perfectly. I use it to sync my calendars, contacts and my to do lists, you can use it for other things though like photos and music etc...

I'm curious about the synching of contacts. These are in different forms of layout in Nokia and Macbook. So how does that sort itself out? And is any data in either omitted from the synch? Finally does Missing Sync work with every Nokia (or other make) model?

I used MissingSync for Mac with my Palm for a few years and was satisfied.

>>> Finally does Missing Sync work with every Nokia (or other >make) model?

I doubt if it works with ALL Nokias .... but probably most of them. Why don't you google "MissingSync" you will find many links, the first one being "Markspace" the company that makes/markets MissingSync and you can find the info and lists of phones that are supported as well as lots of other useful information.

The syncing of the contacts works perfectly. All the fields that I add on my macbook pro are just added to my Nokia. All the fields are added and no data is missing.

I think Missing Sync works with most phones, you will probably have to visit the website to check for sure that it will work with your particular Nokia model.

Thanks. I'll check the Missing Sync website and choose my new mobile from among the phones listed there.

P.S. Presumably the new iPad will have the necessary sockets/usb or whatever to allow such synching down to mobiles - not just up to aplle computors/macbooks. (Excuse my display of ignorance in these matters.)