Champions League And Europa Places

sharecropper

If your talking about the Barclays Premier League then yes I believe it's the the top 4 for the Champions League and 5,6 and 7 for the Europa.

Isn't there somekind of UEFA Fairplay award which can be awarded to another team bringing the total in the Europa up to 4?

If your talking about the Barclays Premier League then yes I believe it's the the top 4 for the Champions League and 5,6 and 7 for the Europa.

Isn't there somekind of UEFA Fairplay award which can be awarded to another team bringing the total in the Europa up to 4?

Thanks.

Doesn't the winner of the Carling Cup also get a place in Europe?

No the Carling Cup doesn't qualify for entry to Europe hence why so many teams put out the kids when playing rounds before the semis.

Look it uo on Wikipedia - the winner does get a spot in Europe. I guess you'll find that only the big teams who anyhow qualify for Europe will send out their youngsters.

Its only 5th place that gets into Europa, the other 2 places go to the FA and League cups, but if a team in the top 5 wins both these competitions then it goes to the 6th and 7th placed teams. I believe Fulham qualified this year via the Intertoto cup or whatever its called these days and they only had to win 1 tie.

And its only the top 4 who qualify for the Champions league unless your Liverpiddle who have qualified from 5th before.

Edited by whichschool

Its only 5th place that gets into Europa, the other 2 places go to the FA and League cups, but if a team in the top 5 wins both these competitions then it goes to the 6th and 7th placed teams. I believe Fulham qualified this year via the Intertoto cup or whatever its called these days and they only had to win 1 tie.

And its only the top 4 who qualify for the Champions league unless your Liverpiddle who have qualified from 5th before.

unless your Liverpiddle who have qualified from 5th before.

Which I also just coincidentally commented on in the Liverpool thread

This post makes sense. On the BBC league table it has a cut off at 5th place, which is what made me wonder, and which your comments explain.

I was only asking on behalf of Liverpool fans, so they know they may get into Europe when they finish in seventh place this season. :)

If I remember correctly they would not have qualified in that instance but for pressure on EUFA being the holders. In the event of that happening again I believe the holders like Liverpool in 2005/2006 would be included in the qualifying rounds. :)

Edited by salty

If I remember correctly they would not have qualified in that instance but for pressure on EUFA being the holders. In the event of that happening again I believe the holders like Liverpool in 2005/2006 would be included in the qualifying rounds. :)

I recall the pathetic whining at the time.

If a team won it the previous year but aren't good enough to even qualify the following year, they should be left out of it accordingly. It is a merit-based competition.

I recall the pathetic whining at the time.

If a team won it the previous year but aren't good enough to even qualify the following year, they should be left out of it accordingly. It is a merit-based competition.

Fully agree - not even the World Champion automatically qualifies for the next World Cup.

Doesn't the winner of the Carling Cup also get a place in Europe?

No the Carling Cup doesn't qualify for entry to Europe hence why so many teams put out the kids when playing rounds before the semis.

Look it uo on Wikipedia - the winner does get a spot in Europe. I guess you'll find that only the big teams who anyhow qualify for Europe will send out their youngsters.

My apologies, I stand well and truly corrected. Lesson learned = check facts before responding.