Queen Mary 2 Visits Next Week

phuketrex

I was planning to drive out to Ao Makham to see the QM2 (and take photos) this afternoon -- she's only here until 6pm -- but got confused when two different ship-tracking sites reported different positions:

http://www.seascanner.com/schiffsposition....ff=Queen+Mary+2 shows her at Makham, but

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/default.a...%202:04:26%20AM had her tracking into Patong Bay -- the latter being the more accurate site as it uses a method similar to GPS.

A local newspaper confirmed Patong in an article about how taxi drivers were upset as the passengers had bypassed them to pre-booked tours. Apparently, her arrival in Patong Bay was a surprise even to TAT. All that and now I'm not sure if I want to bother going to Patong just to photograph the QM2 (I tend to avoid that bit of the island -- I live close to Central) -- photos of her in the bay won't be as dramatic as those of her offshore in Makham in my opinion.

So, can anybody tell me where exactly the Nimitz is this afternoon? That might sway me one way or another (photo of the Cunarder along with the carrier would be very dramatic...).

The Nimitz is still at the Ao Makham Bay!

Today i was on the Kha Khad View Point near Capa Panwa and have maked fantastic Photos from this Area,include the Huge Nimitz. :D

I was disappointed too about the wrong Queen Mary2 Anchorage Informations :)

Robinsons

just back from patong....

saw the QM 2, very nice/impressive! (saw it before in germany..)

about the anchor informations I´m quite surprised because actually the (big) cruise liners alway/mostly stop in Patong and not Cape Panwa/Ao Makham..

I was little bit late today actually (6.30pm), so was getting dark already and too late for nice pics.

but ok, anyway the ship will be back next year/2011 (27th of march) in Phuket

hello,

just saw on the webpage from cunard (cunard.de and/or .com) that the QM 2 will be in Phuket on wednesday, the 3rd of feb (9.30 am till 7.30 pm)

http://www.cunard.de/kplaner/KS/index.php?...s=&PageNo=1

So they are not letting the punters loose in bangala for a night! What a shame wonder what the overnight guest policy might be.

So they are not letting the punters loose in bangala for a night! What a shame wonder what the overnight guest policy might be.

looking at the sheduale they don't seem to like people getting off for a night of debortuarty must be the clientele wanting to watch a washed out singer, comic perform on board