Marywit School

Dirk_brijs

am looking for a good bilangual school for my son 8 years old

am looking between BEST and Marywit

am able to find alot of info and opinions on BEST in here but hardly nothing about Marywit???

any parents out there with some healthy opinions on this school?

Thanks

there must be someone with some comments about the school??

Cant imagine that the classes are that small?

Go take a look there, it's well organized.

My son, 6 years old go there already 3 years and speaks fluent

English now

Teachers manly from Philippine, I'm happy with this school and so is my son.

there must be someone with some comments about the school??

Cant imagine that the classes are that small?

Go take a look there, it's well organized.

My son, 6 years old go there already 3 years and speaks fluent

English now

Teachers manly from Philippine, I'm happy with this school and so is my son.

I did today actually. Looks very good indeed.

Wondering though if they have a real English program or are they a more advanced Thai Private school like Aksorn with some additional English??

They didnt have anyone there to talk English to me? Didnt have any info about the school in English except from the fees :)

Maryvitt is primarily a Thai school, and has no native English speaking teachers. Philippines are not native speakers.

Best does have native speakers, and teaches the same subjects in English, as they do in Thai. Maryvitt, just teaches some English, but not the same subjects. Best is by no means perfect, but the Thai teachers as well as the Foreign teachers do a good job. If your choosing between these two schools, I would go with best.

Barry

• 2 years later...

My son goes to Maryvit.

marywit is not a bilingual school, but it is a very good school. They systematically score the highest scores of the province on O-net tests and 100% of their students passed entrance tests for university (and this for several consecutive years).

The level of English of the Philippine teachers is probably just a bit better than that of qualified Thai English teachers (those with a bachelor or masters degree in English). Maryvit doesn't have any native English speaking teacher so even in the English letters in their school magazine you can find spelling and sentence construction mistakes that could be easily found by a native speaker. I personally think the school policy about not hiring any real native speakers is the only weak point of this school.

I plan to send my son to extra English courses when he gets older (and I'll probably join him).

We didn't choose for BEST because the school looked rather dirty and old and I am not sure the farangs that live in Pattaya will stay there long enough to provide a stable study environment for my son or that they will teach my child the values he needs to know.

We didn't choose for BEST because the school looked rather dirty and old and I am not sure the farangs that live in Pattaya will stay there long enough to provide a stable study environment for my son or that they will teach my child the values he needs to know.

BEST has two new buildings. The old kindergarten building has been totally refurbished. My daughter has been at Best school for seven years and many of the native English speakers have been there throughout hat time. The school has been awarded "International status" and this will be invoked at the beginning of the next academic year starting in May.

The syllabus will concentrate on English and the traditional Thai subjects, such as Thai maths, Thai science will disappear from the curriculum. Pupils will be able to continue their education into their 18th year.

BEST is definitely the 'best' school in Pattaya ....... except for the parking and restricted school campus

(Edit: typo)

Edited by GamLing

Our daughter joined Best Kindergarden last year, we looked a lot, Maryvit as well. The school itself looks not bad, but when we have been there nobody was able to answer my questions in english, further is their bus service terrible.

With Best our girl is happy, we are happy with the Kindergarden stuff, I get answers from the very beginning in english and the bus service is good as well. As long as our girl is happy there she will stay.