Advise On Buying A New Isuzu D-max

Kanos

Last time round looked @ Isuzu and got the "we are the best so don't have to offer any thing off/freebies speach" .. Fair enough,bought a Mitsubishi..

Check out Nissan Navarra .. 3rd biggest seller in Thailand .. best engine = 2.5 diesel in auto or manual..

Don't see the problem with new car finance,stick with the manufacturers offer usually circa 2.3 % APR,4 year deal works out at 12.6 % total...

...Recently settled Mitsu' finance and got a discount,ok only 2 % BUT most finance deals worldwide are front loaded towards the interest in your monthly payments and any discount offered is off the outstanding interest not the capital borrowed SO in settling ,say, a 4 year finance after 2.5 years nearly all the interest charge would have been paid off resulting in a minimal early settlement discount - just like Thailand!

while Toyota has approx 40% and Izu approx 40% of the thai market, Nissan is struggeling to keep 8%. 3 rd biggest seller, sure.

best engine? best on what? while Nissan has tuned for high peak tourque, all the other 3,0/3,2 at same price have more and smoother power in less than 2000 rpm.

Drove the 2.5 in the Isuzu and it was not a comparison on the 3.0. With the VGS, the D-Max is ahead of the Vigo 3.0 for me.

Also, the Vigo is a much harder vehicle to park and live with in town. I would not really go with the Vigo over the Isuzu for a Thai and my comparison was for me, though the missus did drive the Vigo we hired for a month as well.

With the fact that you are buying a new vehicle and presumably keeping it properly maintained, I don't think any arguments such as this small technical or that small technical detail are terribly valid. They are both good trucks but on a few important points, I believe the D-Max Highlander wins.

Ditto Mr T, the Isuzu 4 door 3.0L VGS Auto Super Platinum D Max is top of my list, shame they have changed the interior colour trim from black to the yucky beige!,

In defence of Nissan, nearly 70 % of their vehicles made at their factory in Bang Na are for the export market so it does not leave too many for the Thai market.

As the third biggest Japanese vehicle manufacturer I would not say they are struggling but the recession has hit sales too.

Best look here http://www.redbookasiapacific.com/th/vehic...20100&new=1

Gives full spec, engine options, price etc on new D-Max.. The Auto is 3.0

In that case, how much % would be the deposit ?

Many different deals, try 2 or 3 places..

Credit here is different than say UK, here the interest is added in full when you sign the contract, therefore makes little sense to pay off early as no discount.

Information at Red Book is incorrect and sloppy so really unusable but would have been helpful if not for that minor detail. :)

Ditto Mr T, the Isuzu 4 door 3.0L VGS Auto Super Platinum D Max is top of my list, shame they have changed the interior colour trim from black to the yucky beige!,

In defence of Nissan, nearly 70 % of their vehicles made at their factory in Bang Na are for the export market so it does not leave too many for the Thai market.

As the third biggest Japanese vehicle manufacturer I would not say they are struggling but the recession has hit sales too.

Nissan is stuggeling in LOS, they hit their goal (in % of total LOS market, so recession doesnt count) in 2008, but have slowed down to 8% of pickupmarket. Ordering a Vigo 4x4 auto takes 45-60 days, Nissan is stock to be delivered in a week.

Re timing chains/belts .. I was under the impression all current modern cars used chains .. I have just checked the engine spec for the nissan 2.5 diesel and that uses a chain.

Speaking generally manufacturers switched to belts because they were quieter,however if a belt broke goodbye engine unless you were very lucky..so back to chains ,which these days should be as quiet as the old belts.

IF you are buying a secondhand car that uses belts there is no gaurentee the belt is ok,they should have been changed as part of the maintenance schedule approx every 50,000 k's .. in the uk this was stamped in the service book....in Thailand .........