Best Hotel In Krabi Area

KAL

I'm looking to plan a trip to the Krabi area and was wondering if anyone has suggestions on where to stay. I'm looking for a quiet, romantic trip, about 4 nights. I was considering the Amari Vogue Resort (Krabi), Tubkaak Boutique Resort (Krabi), Centara Grand Beach Resort and Villas (Krabi), and Layana Resort and Spa (Koh Lanta). If anyone is familiar with these hotels and can give feedback, I would really appreciate it!

Edited by KAL

Hands down Layana.

Tub Kaak Resort is nice for sure, but isolated and not a lot to do on that property (boring).

Amari, you have two, Ao Nang (for sure not), Tub Kaak, overall that Tub Kaak area is a bit ruined by the lime mining pier that has you looking at these giant tanker ships, just not as nice as Lanta.

Also, Saladan town on Lanta has these great seafood restaurants over the water, that rock with the tides as you sit and eat. So when done with the romantic setting at Layana, back it up with another pretty romantic scenario in seafront Saladan town.

Also a plus, lovely people at Layana, The Guthries are gems and the GM Michael really nice guy.

Enjoy.

I stayed at Krabi Resort over Christmas. It was OK. Nothing more. If it wasn't for having been upgraded, i think we would have been disappointed actually. In fact, that goes for the whole Ao Nang area. I expected spectacular unspoilt beaches. Not even close. The long tail boats that drone back and forth every minute is just the start of it.

If you are going to Krabi i would advice going to a different area - which area i don't know. Have you taken a look at tripadvisor.com? It's a fantastically helpful source of independant advice.

Oh, and with regards to Lanta, i also stayed at Anda Lanta Resort on that trip and can recommend it. It's a small family run place - very warm and friendly place to stay and very peaceful. Only had two drawbacks, one is that you really need a 4X4 to get there if you are driving yourself - if not it's ok because they will come out to the ferry and pick you up - two is that the beach and the sea bed is quite rocky in places. Despite that, i'd stay there again if i went back to Lanta, although chances of that aren't great as the island in general wasn't that great, in my opinion. A bit run-down and there's a problem with trash.

Thanks for the advice! Yes, I've read every review from tripadvisor for what seems like every hotel in the Krabi area. All of the reviews of the hotels I mentioned are good (Tubkaak Boutique Resort is ranked #1 in Krabi), so we're just having a hard time deciding. I have it narrowed down to Centara Krabi and Tubkaak Boutique Resort (Layana is booked :) ). Any last thoughts on those two resorts? We want a quiet, relaxing, and romantic trip. We will probably go on a few excursions to some of the islands, but just basically want to relax.

I'd go with the Tubkaak if you want a quiet holiday. The beach is clean and great for swimming at high tide, there are no hawkers, not so many longtails and you can do boat trips to Ko Hong (a must see) from there too.

Centara has its own beach but its not that big and you will need to get boat transfers if you want to leave the property at any point.

Let us know where you go! Enjoy