K.l.airport To Lcc

songhklasid

Igot a good deal on a flight from aus to K.L. arrive 0900 hrs @ K.L.international, my question is transfer to LCC to catch air asia flight to BKK, how far is it in time, can walk? & how much time to allow for connecting flight considering immigration, baggage collection, etc.

thanking you in advance songhklasid.

It's 20 km from the LCCT to the main terminal at KLIA (yes, that's 20 km). There's a bus that runs between terminals and on to the KTM commuter rail station at Nilai. Should cost 1.50 ringgit to go between terminals. Taxis are pricey, the official fare for a budget taxi from the LCCT to the main terminal building at KLIA is 42.20 ringgit.

KLIA to LCC is too far to walk. I think it is approx 5km. However, there is a free shuttle bus service. THere is also many taxis who can take you to LCC but I caution you on the fares which is not fixed and most don't use the meter.

There are "free" frequent shuttle busses between the terminals.

The ride takes approx 25-30 minutes.

There is no need to take a cab a switch to a rail service.

Plan on a minimum of 3 hours between arrival and departure times.

You must check in for the BKK flight 45 mins BEFORE THE "SCHEDULED" DEPARTURE TIME, or you'll have to buy another ticket.

In fact I would book the 1340 flight to BKK, no earlier.

I believe you can walk but please allow approximately 2-3 just for the travel , you need to add another 2 hours on for the Airport checkin and flight departure so probably make it 5-6 hours depending on your baggage.

The average person walks 5klms per hour. So this is based on the distance being 5klms.

If the International Airport is 20 kilometers from LCC as a previous post mentioned ( which I do not agree as correct ) then you better allow around 5-6 hours + 2 hours check in.

There are shuttle buses that are not expensive or a taxi will be suffice at about $10.

:)

If the International Airport is 20 kilometers from LCC as a previous post mentioned ( which I do not agree as correct ) then you better allow around 5-6 hours + 2 hours check in.

The LCCT and the main terminal are on opposite sides of the runway. If you could walk across the runway, it would not be that far of a walk but obviously you cannot. Because of how the roads are laid out and the fact that one needs to make a big semi-circle, it's a 20 km drive. Google is your friend, this information is not that hard to look up.

According the the KLIA website there is an Airport Liner Free Shuttle Service from LCCT to Parking B to KLIA.

Departure every 15 mins.

The website says "Airport Liner Free Shuttle Service: from LCCT to Parking B to LCCT (In front of Pos Malaysia)". Parking B is a parking lot at the LCCT, not at the main KLIA terminal. In other words, this bus is a parking lot shuttle.

Edited by ovenman

The LCCT and the main terminal are on opposite sides of the runway. If you could walk across the runway, it would not be that far of a walk but obviously you cannot. Because of how the roads are laid out and the fact that one needs to make a big semi-circle, it's a 20 km drive. Google is your friend, this information is not that hard to look up.

Ovenman is correct! It is too far too walk! If at night, the stretch is deserted except for headlights of on-coming cars.If durng the day, you are facing scorching heat from the sun without any shade from over-hanging trees.Google does not show you these facts! Unless you want to punish yourself for something you did in a previous life, its better to take a shuttle bus! I have driven the stretch several times and I would not recommend any friend to walk that distance!

Plan on a minimum of 3 hours between arrival and departure times.

You must check in for the BKK flight 45 mins BEFORE THE "SCHEDULED" DEPARTURE TIME, or you'll have to buy another ticket.

In fact I would book the 1340 flight to BKK, no earlier.

Very Good advice! I have seen passengers checking in late because they were having coffee and chatting! The flight took off and they had to buy fresh tickets and wait for

the next flight which may be the next day. These passengers have already cleared customs and immigration,mind you!

Every 15 minutes a bus to LCCT, its about 20 KM and in time about 30 minutes.

And as a few poster told already they only 2 miles from each other but the roads are making a u turn around the run way.

Yes with Air asia you need to check in 45 minutes before departure.

Takes you from aircraft landing till check in at LCCT about 1 hour and 20 minutes so you need about 2 hours and 30 minutes between landing and departure of your next fleight so you can enjoy a coffee as well.